Options

SO who here listens to the tea Party?

SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I'm wondering if anyone does at all? And If you do what is your favourite album? ANd if you don't, do yourself a favour and go buy edges of twilight (this cd was made with over 100 instruments, all used by the band), transmission, and interzone mantras
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Im a huge tea party fan. Just for some clarification, they used 32 instruments, not a 100:).....they were all played by the band though!! Great band, I was lucky to see them live before they broke up, simply amazing.
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    Im a huge tea party fan. Just for some clarification, they used 32 instruments, not a 100:).....they were all played by the band though!! Great band, I was lucky to see them live before they broke up, simply amazing.

whats your favourite song/songs?

For me I would have to say

Sister Awake, transmission, Inanna, walk with me, lifeline, must must, master and margarita, mantra and the halcyon days

just to name a few :P
  • Options
    I love the tea party... andhave seen them live about ten times.... great band, even better live. Too bad they broke up... but i am extremely excited to see what jeff's solo work will produce. what a monster of a voice that man has!
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• Options
    i'm not a big fan..... it sounds to middle eastern, i still respect them thought
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    TP is one of my favorite bands. I have to order their records from Canada, last few anyway. I would be hard pressed to name a favorite song but Psychopomp would be right up there. The funny thing is that I'm listening to Seven Circles right now. The un-funny thing is that my Circles CD skips in the middle and I can't return it because I've had it too long.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    are they english ?
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:
    whats your favourite song/songs?

For me I would have to say

Sister Awake, transmission, Inanna, walk with me, lifeline, must must, master and margarita, mantra and the halcyon days

just to name a few :P

good question!! hmm, the river, angels , lullaby, in this time, save me, the bazaar, sister awake, coming home, walk with me
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    are they english ?

English? they speak it :) They are from Canada
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I have a couple of their cds, but i'm not a big fan. They're not a very good live band. I'v seen them a couple times and I wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    i was impressed, but what impresses you and what impresses me are two different things
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    i was impressed, but what impresses you and what impresses me are two different things

They can never get a crowd going. Or at least that was the case when I saw them.
  • Options
    maybe the crowds u were with sucked :)
  • Options
    redred Posts: 57
    Saw them at Stage 13 in Camrose, AB. Wasn't a fan before, but to see them live was an experience. They played until about 4 in the morning, and were so loud that the pit actually moved 15 feet back. It was awesome. Certainly a band that lives to be on stage.
  • Options
    red wrote:
    Saw them at Stage 13 in Camrose, AB. Wasn't a fan before, but to see them live was an experience. They played until about 4 in the morning, and were so loud that the pit actually moved 15 feet back. It was awesome. Certainly a band that lives to be on stage.

lol and the guy above said they sucked live, I have never seen them live, although I wish I did :(
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Skooled wrote:
    I'm wondering if anyone does at all? And If you do what is your favourite album? ANd if you don't, do yourself a favour and go buy edges of twilight (this cd was made with over 100 instruments, all used by the band), transmission, and interzone mantras

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNN!
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    Whoa, I nearly forgot about this band. I had a CD of theirs once. Can't remember the title, but it had a song called "The River" on it. I don't think they're very well known outside of Canada.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    i was never a big fan untill i saw them live a few summers ago ...i like them now :)
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    I kinda dig them.

In fact I saw Jeff Martin at club 279 last night. One of the people I was there with got his autograph lol. He caught me staring at him as he left too. oops. Didn't realized till he stared back that it was him. lol ohh well.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    I think that this is a great band..I've been listening to them for some time now...it does suck that they broke up because I never got a chance to see them live...I keep hearing that they were great live.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"