u know I want to like incubus but

SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I do like incubus's music but lets face it, they virtually do nothing for the fans. A new album is coming out and while most bands give a test of what it is like (I am talking 2-3 songs not 30 sec clips) but this one has nothing. Plus u never hear or see about them, and there site is sorely lacking.

I dunno maybe I am just drawing conclusions but I get a wierd feeling that they think they are to good or something for the fans
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Skooled wrote:
    I do like incubus's music but lets face it, they virtually do nothing for the fans. A new album is coming out and while most bands give a test of what it is like (I am talking 2-3 songs not 30 sec clips) but this one has nothing. Plus u never hear or see about them, and there site is sorely lacking.

I dunno maybe I am just drawing conclusions but I get a wierd feeling that they think they are to good or something for the fans

There's this one band that I like that only released a 15 second clip of their single to the fans before the album came out. I don't think anyone accused them of not being fan friendly ;)
    NERDS!
  • Skooled wrote:

I usually post only in the 'Musicians and Gearheads forum since I usually only look there but this caught my eye when logging in. Incubus has their new song 'Anna Molly' up on their myspace page AND Mike Einziger (their guitarist) has been posting bulletins regarding their new album. If you pre-oder the new album, you get a code to get two presale tickets to their upcoming tour. I'm not one for myspace too much but it's the latest trend and they are reaching their fanbase there. Incubus isn't too god for their fans...they're actually reaching out to them through the current trend. I am also sure a LOT of hype will be given to these guys in the near future. I will, however, give you that their site is lacking on the info page. For instance- I like how the PJ page talks about the music, activism, gear, and even has a message pit and setlists. However, Incubus hasn't been stuck up toward their fans...They actually seem pretty cool...
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • There's this one band that I like that only released a 15 second clip of their single to the fans before the album came out. I don't think anyone accused them of not being fan friendly ;)
    *Cough cough Worlwide Suicide Cough Cough*
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Also, it's not like Incubus has control over that website... mainly there've been blogs on myspace because that is from the members reaching out to the fans. The website (if we're talking about enjoyincubus.com) is run by Sony/Mods, not by Incubus. Also... Incubus has shown us four total songs from Light Grenades... two were acoustic (Earth to Bella [both parts, so that could be 5 songs] and Love Hurts)... and then they've shown us two more songs (both live and one studio)... Anna Molly (Live and Single) and A Kiss to Send Us Off (Live)... so quite honestly, I don't see how they're not being fan-friendly.

Plus, there have been two listening parties of the whole album, where Mike Einziger and BB have both been at the parties and talked to everyone... also, after the parties, they signed everyone's lyrics books that were given out... and that was like 200 people. They also answered questions that were thrown at 'em. (not trying to be a dick with all this information, but they're my favorite band, and I think they're just way fucking far from being fan-unfriendly)
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I think they do a lot for their fans, whilst also not being media whores, and to me that is a very good thing, I'd rather not here where Brendan was spotted taking a shit to be fair and as long as the music is good then I'm happy.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.