payin' the music forward

PrlJmr10PrlJmr10 Posts: 130
edited August 2006 in Other Music
A friend turned me onto one of the most incredible artists I've ever heard....
( well, besides PJ of course )

Michael Franti

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com

If you like reggae, this guy is incredible!!! (there's a definate rock feel to it too) He also just released a dvd of him in the Middle East ( called I Know I'm Not Alone ) just talking to people and playing his guitar. POWERFUL stuff. The cd that accompanies the dvd is called Yell Fire....(you can get both on Amazon for like $25)

really some amazing work and positive vibrations mon!!....just wanted to spread some love :)
PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
--Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• excellent recommendation.

Been a fan of these guys since 2001. They sort of make r and b/hip hop/jam band/rock/punk music. Very cool

The lead singer reminds me alot of ed in that he speaks his mind and walks the walk. The lead singer refuses to wear shoes because he feels there is a split in society between those who can afford shoes and those who can't. And despite the fact the band makes decent money in the jam band scene (just as we are called the jamily, they are called the spearits), the lead singer lives in hunter's point, a notoriously dangerous inner city section in san fran.

The music of this band along with pearl jam and others have kept my spirit up since the war began. At times both bands raise me to protest and get out and do something.

The lead singer of that band has more courage than most senators and congressman, he traveled to iraq with nothing but his guitar and good vibes.

We need more musicians like Michael Franti.
  • awesome

thanks!