Anyone seen Chris Cornell on this tour?

2»

Comments

• pjtaper wrote:
    I haven't seen him on THIS tour, I have on MANY other tours of him with various bands... I did get to see the marquee saying "Tonight, Chris Cornell, POSTPONED"

I think he prefers womanly jeans to Denver shows!

Ok look I live in Perth, Western Australia. Last time CC was here was 97'. Now how many shows did he play in the US this tour? A fucking lot. And even if he didn't play your home town he played the one right next to it which required you to get in a car and drive a few hours. Now the nearest major city to Perth is 2 DAYS drive so quit your bitching. Americans have been fucking spoiled.
  • thank you searchlightsoul for pointing that out! hopefully, the whinging will stop now.
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I haven't seen him on THIS tour, I have on MANY other tours of him with various bands... I did get to see the marquee saying "Tonight, Chris Cornell, POSTPONED"

I think he prefers womanly jeans to Denver shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_a_dead_horse
  • thank you searchlightsoul for pointing that out! hopefully, the whinging will stop now.

trust me, if you've seen pjtaper post, you know the whining will NEVER stop.
  • Ok look I live in Perth, Western Australia. Last time CC was here was 97'. Now how many shows did he play in the US this tour? A fucking lot. And even if he didn't play your home town he played the one right next to it which required you to get in a car and drive a few hours. Now the nearest major city to Perth is 2 DAYS drive so quit your bitching. Americans have been fucking spoiled.

Precisely!!! I just saw him in London, and that's a 13 hour drive. ;)

Frankly, I wouldn't blame him if he DID prefer jeans to Denver if everyone in Denver is like that guy.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Could I just acquaint you with my site at http://www.chriscornell.org.uk?

Here's a direct link to the tour archive page which has setlists, reviews and photos for almost every show so far since April.

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tourarchive.htm

Enjoy!!

Great site! Thanks
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    where the hell have you all been?

The first time he went solo in fall of 2006 we had 100 threads going here about his greatness not to mention numerous bumps for the great http://www.chriscornell.org.uk site!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    The first time he went solo in fall of 2006 we had 100 threads going here about his greatness not to mention numerous bumps for the great http://www.chriscornell.org.uk site!

That seems odd. I didn't even register the domain until 13 February 2007 and the site didn't launch until 8 March.... ;)
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Ok look I live in Perth, Western Australia. Last time CC was here was 97'. Now how many shows did he play in the US this tour? A fucking lot. And even if he didn't play your home town he played the one right next to it which required you to get in a car and drive a few hours. Now the nearest major city to Perth is 2 DAYS drive so quit your bitching. Americans have been fucking spoiled.
    So get on an airplane and fly... that's what my friend did, he flew to denver for the show, but the night before he flew here, he found out it was postponed...
    Check out a map of the US, it's not a quick drive to any of his shows from Denver...
    Also, I can't read what sweet adeline had to say, I put her on my ignore list and asked her to do the same, but I'm sure she is still talkin shit!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    pjtaper wrote:
    Also, I can't read what sweet adeline had to say, I put her on my ignore list and asked her to do the same, but I'm sure she is still talkin shit!

I don't know I was wondering what coke and Burger King had to do with this....Whooper combo now includes an 8 - Ball ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Hopefully PJTAPER is gonna see he is not the only sad person here...

Hey man...Last time Chris Cornell played here in Hungary was back in 1992 with Soundgarden supporting Guns N' Roses and Faith No More in a fuckin huge stadium. Since then there have been NO Soundgarden, NO Audioslave and no solo shows!!! Nothing at all!!!
    This year in August finally he was supposed to play a show in Budapest (Sziget Festival) but he cancelled the show in the very last moments (same in Poland and Austria) because of throat problems.

(Yes and no Pearl Jam shows since 1996, only a cancelled one in 2000).

(Alice in Chains should have been played here twice (1993 and 2006) - both of them were cancelled...)

(and I won't go on with the Nirvana story)

Now please try to imagine how shitty we huns feel as Seattle rock fans in this damned country!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • pjtaper wrote:

i am trying to tell you i have emek posters for the decemberists, 10k lakes, paul simon, ben harper and qotsa and i'm trying to get rid of them. i was curious if you wanted any of them?
  • Just to say if anyone wants to hear for themselves how he and his band have been sounding on this tour, go to his MySpace - there's a live recording of the festival set from Belgium (Pukkelpop) August 17, streaming in its entirety. And by all accounts they've just gone on getting better since then.

http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    djerdap wrote:
    They have played fuckin' Gun, Reach Down and Pushin' Forward Back last night in Portland. Among other rarities were Zero Chance and Ty Cobb.

There has to be a bootleg of this show.

I wish there were boots of all his shows.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • djerdap wrote:
    They have played fuckin' Gun, Reach Down and Pushin' Forward Back last night in Portland. Among other rarities were Zero Chance and Ty Cobb.

thats it. I'm gonna see him again this tour.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    that's saying alot for this atheist, lol...........we went to Vancouver, Seattle and Portland.....all the shows were amazing but my fav was Portland....that venue just kicks ass and the band, too fucking good.....so that's 5 times this tour and I got my tix for Vegas Nov 23......in Seattle down on the floor was mad crazy.....this ol' broad lasted less than 5 songs before people tried to smooooosh me to death......seemed to take forever to escape but once I did I was able to ENJOY the show without fearing for my life......yeah, Seattle loves their lost boy, for sure.....here's something from that night:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBKR31XZDI

watch your volume......this venue made it so that Coreys bass was toooo boomy......it's ok....they MORE than made up for it in Portland.....still searching for video from then.......a friend of ours, she made one of the signs, she took some incredible shots of CC and company....once I get a link, I'll post.....I mean, AMAZING shots.....

anyway, do not hesitate to see Cornell if he comes anywhere near you or like us, get on a fucking plane, get your passport or birth certificate, drive over the border, whatever it takes.......the debt is very worth it......
  • L.A. and O.C. He's still fucking AWESOME!!!
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

omfg to portland setlist!!!

He hasnt wheeled those songs out on any show this tour.

you are very lucky bunch of mofos!

video or audio anyone???
  • djerdap wrote:

WHAT. THE. FUCK?!?!?!? GUN?!?!?!?!? Oh my god. I MUST hear this!
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    bump
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    I can't believe how much love these shows are getting around these parts. I went to a show last week and, apart from the part where Cornell just played a few songs by himself, thought the show was pretty shit. Yeah, his voice sounded awesome and the band were solid (they're session musos, 'tis to be expected), but they were also a bunch of heroes. The guitarists were mini-slashes and the bass player was the biggest meathead i've ever seen in a band. Looked like a cover band to me, the only difference being they had the guy who wrote all the songs singing.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    I'll sorta echo Baystone's comments.

I just saw em in Sydney - they were ok but not fantastic. The setlist he played was EXTREMELY cliche`, the band was not all that tight together and to be honest they got outshined (pun fully intended) by Linkin Park by a long way.
  • I saw the solo show in Melbourne last thursday and thought it was awesome. No support act and it was about 2 and half hours. 3 words: Slaves and Bulldozers! haha so glad I got to hear that. Cornell's voice was great, I'd recomend his show to anyone

and to the above poster, the setlist was probably cliche due to the fact he was only supporting. It's best seeing him on his own instead of opening for Linkin Park
  • As invest-it-all says, apparently (and a whole group of people I know were there) the headline shows he did in Sydney and Melbourne were incredible - a two-and-a-half hour set each night. I don't think you can compare that with an hour's opening slot playing to an indifferent enormodome crowd waiting for Linkin Park.

Here's the local press review for the Melbourne Forum show:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3255

And here's a collection of fan and pro reviews and photos from the Sydney Enmore show.

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/livereviews/sydney24oct2007.htm

There's a fair bit of footage on Youtube for both these shows. Make your own mind up! :)
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Yeah, I actually did go to the solo show at the forum (which is a great venue btw), no chance I was gonna go to a Linkin Park show. I just don't think it was that great... Maybe it is actually the whole concept of playing all the old Soundgarden, Temple and Audioslave songs with a band, or at the very least the band he does play with. I'd much prefer to just see him playing an acoustic guitar for the old ones and just play some Chris Cornell songs with the band. I'd hate to Ed Vedder doing the same thing
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.