Death Cab for Cutie fans?

F5F5 Posts: 791
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Wow i love Death Cab. In my opinion their CD "Transatlantacism" Has to be in my top five of all time.
Bridge - 10/25/03
Mansfield I - 6/28/08
Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
Salt Lake City 9/28/09
LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
San Diego 10/9/09
Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
Ashbury Park 9/18/21
LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
Phoenix 05/09/22
NYC 9/11/22
Denver 9/22/22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• big fan here. am still kicking myself for not seeing them live on their Plans tour. I was one of the many people introduced to them via the OC.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    hahaha the oc...ridiculous show but they did manage to incorporate some good music.

yeah im a big fan though and as you said transatlanticism is awesome. that and photo album are my favorites, although plans isn't bad. seen them a couple times & would recommend it. both were solid shows. saw ben solo a few months back at UCLA..another great one. unfortunately didn't come out afterwards like i had imagined.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    transatlantacism..... :eek:

how did this album go under the radar for so long :confused: there should've been a street parade for this record! a 3 day long transatlantacism festival!! :D

love plans, LOVE plans, but i hope they step it up again for the next album, dust off those electric guitars!

ps. chris walla is an AMAZING producer, his solo should be good :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Amazing band.

Been a fan for a long time.

Transatlanticism is in my top 3 alltime favorite albums.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    LOVE D.C.F.C.!! I have been a fan of them for a while now. Got introduced to their music while I worked at the college radio station. AMAZING!! Their shows are mellow, but good!! :)

My favorite album is the Photo Album. Their cover of Bjork's "All Is Full of Love" sends shivers down my spine. great cover!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    trans is a fucking unbelievable record.
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    LOVE D.C.F.C.!! I have been a fan of them for a while now. Got introduced to their music while I worked at the college radio station. AMAZING!! Their shows are mellow, but good!! :)

My favorite album is the Photo Album. Their cover of Bjork's "All Is Full of Love" sends shivers down my spine. great cover!

I love this band! I was curious about them when I heard they played with PJ on the Vote for Change tour...granted, a lot of people did. But I bought Transatlanticism and LOVED it, and Plans is a close runner-up. The other albums don't do it for me as much, but I love these two. I finally had the chance to catch a show in Ottawa about a year ago. It was awesome! They really impressed me live; I wasn't sure how such folky music would hold up for a full show, but they had soooo much stage presence. They're probably in my top 5 favourite bands now.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    D2D introduced me to them and I love 'm, just found some EP's of theirs which have some great songs on 'm that I never heard before. Saw them in a club in Amsterdam last year, sounded great live.
    your light's reflected now
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I love this band! I was curious about them when I heard they played with PJ on the Vote for Change tour...granted, a lot of people did. But I bought Transatlanticism and LOVED it, and Plans is a close runner-up. The other albums don't do it for me as much, but I love these two. I finally had the chance to catch a show in Ottawa about a year ago. It was awesome! They really impressed me live; I wasn't sure how such folky music would hold up for a full show, but they had soooo much stage presence. They're probably in my top 5 favourite bands now.

yeah I agree w/you on that. :D They played an awesome acoustic set at Bridge School last year...they brought Uncle Neil to jam with them and it was GREAT!!! :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn