revelations - the day has finally come!

nosajh9nosajh9 Posts: 122
edited August 2006 in Other Music
go check out the official message board
9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    finally!!!

thanks for the heads up!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    am i the only one that has no idea whats going on here?
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    am i the only one that has no idea whats going on here?

new Audioslave album leaked
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • has the whole album leaked or just the song revelations?
    has the whole album leaked or just the song revelations?

the whole album
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Excellent!

Many thanks!!!!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Ok, listened 1 time. It sounded good, not great, but just good.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Ok, listened 1 time. It sounded good, not great, but just good.
    yeah, i'm kinda dissapointed with it. Was really looking forward to it after hearing original fire and revelations, but now i've heard the whole album i really think chris cornell needs to stay away from tom morello.
    At first turn:
    Original Fire
    Revelations
    Until We Fall...have caught me.

Overall this is qualifying as a "good" album. They're definitely getting their funk on and succeed in spaces, but so far I'm feeling they need to pick up the pace a bit.

Surely a good but not great record.

FaceSpace
    i thought Wide Awake is amazing.
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    i thought Wide Awake is amazing.
    I was just about to add that :)!

*particularly the ending!*

FaceSpace
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    im going to wait to hear it when it comes out, mainly because they are releasing it on my birthday
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • can somebody give me a link to this please
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    TPTB got a wiff and took it down........you could go rub the bellies of those who already got it and plead with them to send it to you.....hell, rub em' in the right place, they just may burn you a copy.......cos there's no fucking reason in the world to wait another week...........right?
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    i like it already.. only heard 3 songs yet..
    I change by not changing at all.
  • the new audioslave album revelations, is a major disappointment, it has 4 good songs 2 ok songs and the rest fuckin horrible, i am a massive AS fan and love the other 2 albums, especially the debut nut have been listening to this album for near 12 hours straight, and i just cant gt into it.

chris' voice is very poor in some songs
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Yeah someone provide a link please..

One of you who was able to get it before it was taken down put it in a yousendit maybe...?

Maybe do it through PM's so not to draw attention? :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • selfself Posts: 64
    Yeah. Please please do this!!!! Just not on rapidshare coz it hates me.
  • Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    ...i have it on rapidshare... I don't think I want to post it here though :p
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    the new audioslave album revelations, is a major disappointment, it has 4 good songs 2 ok songs and the rest fuckin horrible, i am a massive AS fan and love the other 2 albums, especially the debut nut have been listening to this album for near 12 hours straight, and i just cant gt into it.

chris' voice is very poor in some songs

I'm not disappointed... it's just meh. After hearing the acoustic versions, I just want to hear more acoustic than these. Broken City, Jewel of the Summertime, Revelations... and sadly, Original Fire are the standouts.

The solos grate on my nerves a lot. Jewel of the Summertime is strong, but the solo just ruined it. Big time.

Wide Awake is traditional Chris singing, long sleepy notes, followed by a screaming chorus. But you CAN hear the gravelly texture of his voice, which is very disappointing. Jeremy'sAlive is not kidding, his voice sounds terrible at times. And this is on record!

Okay, finished it. Somedays gave me a headache. Moth is potentially the one with the best lyrics, given, I didn't really understand most of the lyrics.

Anyone wants them? I have rapidshare and turboupload links.
  • Go to VH1.com and watch Cornell do 3 songs solo acoustic, entertaining, and it seems like his voice has gotten better compared to when he first came into Audioslave.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Only heard a few songs, but it sounds pretty cool so far. Listening to Nothing Left to say but goodbye, its song structure is very much Euphoria Morning-esque.

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, I think Cornell's voice is sounding really strong on some songs, particularly the chorus of Wide Awake (my favourite song so far). I do appreciate it's not so good on some of the others though.