Options

The "Dont bring your non-PJ fan girlfriend/boyfriend to solo shows" thread

bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Since the solo tour is not gonna be easy to get tickets for, we should all take a vow not to buy tickets for non-Pearl jam fans.

We have all seen it, guy rocking out and his girlfriend standing their arms crossed, bored face, sighing.

Or the women dancing around and her boyfriend standing like a statue asking her if she's ready to leave yet.

Do us all a favor, if your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't like Pearl Jams music dont bring them, let a fan have the seat.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    I have this friend who I've always thought was a pretty big Pearl Jam fan... then I looked through her iPod and only saw Jeremy. She doesn't have any CDs either. Now I have to find a way to subtly un-invite her to an Eddie show, out of respect for all the other eager fans! Eeek.
  • Options
    I 2nd that emotion!!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I like this idea but people/fans are free to whatever they want with their tickets.

Scalpers are much much worst! :mad:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    alexers wrote:
    I have this friend who I've always thought was a pretty big Pearl Jam fan... then I looked through her iPod and only saw Jeremy. She doesn't have any CDs either. Now I have to find a way to subtly un-invite her to an Eddie show, out of respect for all the other eager fans! Eeek.

You can always offer the extra to someone here on board... [size=-3]like me if I get shutout ;):D[/size]
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    LongRd. wrote:
    You can always offer the extra to someone here on board... [size=-3]like me if I get shutout ;):D[/size]

Haha I think I might do that! I have to see if I even get tickets first. Booo small venues. But at the same time, yay small venues!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I agree to a certain extent but they can do what they like and in the end they will.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    bobbyd3 wrote:
    Since the solo tour is not gonna be easy to get tickets for, we should all take a vow not to buy tickets for non-Pearl jam fans.

We have all seen it, guy rocking out and his girlfriend standing their arms crossed, bored face, sighing.

Or the women dancing around and her boyfriend standing like a statue asking her if she's ready to leave yet.

Do us all a favor, if your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't like Pearl Jams music dont bring them, let a fan have the seat.

This is a wise idea. Theres no point in the ticket going to waste. However, some people are afraid to go alone so they'll take their bf/gf and will be "ALONE" anyway! Damn! I vote for this idea though. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    I 2nd that emotion!!
    huh
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    haha I can't agree anymore with this thread.
    I brought my boyfriend to the camden 2 pearl jam concert,
    because he claimed he liked them. But he ended up hating the whole concert and he FELL ASLEEP!
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    I plan on bringing my dog.
    I promise he won't piss on the floor or puke.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    I understand we are all free to do what we want, Its just an idea
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    LongRd. wrote:
    You can always offer the extra to someone here on board... [size=-3]like me if I get shutout ;)[/size]

i second this emotion. :D

my husband is a fan, and i bring him to shows and he has a blast. definitely not as rabid a fan as i am, not by a longshot, but he DID turn me onto pearl jam. however, we both know his pj limits, and 3 shows is IT. so, if pearl jam play local, he goes...altho he did also accompany me to DC this year, special anniversary trip. :) all other shows i go solo/with friends. he doesn't seem to have any desire to see ed solo, so if i am lucky and score tix, i most definitely will be bring along a fellow fan. if i don't score tix :( i sooooooooooo hope a fellow boardie will offer me their extra - i need night 2 in NYC! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'd have a better night sitting with my girlfriend who is not into Pearl Jam as opposed to some stranger I gave tickets to the day of the show.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    bobbyd3 wrote:
    I understand we are all free to do what we want, Its just an idea
    its a grand idea bobby!
    There should be like a pairing up thread or something. A list of names of people going alone looking to split tickets with. Like in school. On certain projects you pick a partner!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    I'd have a better night sitting with my girlfriend who is not into Pearl Jam as opposed to some stranger I gave tickets to the day of the show.
    How do you know? There are some VERY cool people around this place. My first ever "pearl Jam blind date" was really great company & we're still frenz!

• Options
    haha I can't agree anymore with this thread.
    I brought my boyfriend to the camden 2 pearl jam concert,
    because he claimed he liked them. But he ended up hating the whole concert and he FELL ASLEEP!

You DID dump him right??!! HOW DO U FALL ASLEEP AT A PEARL JAM SHOW!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    SENROCK! wrote:
    How do you know? There are some VERY cool people around this place. My first ever "pearl Jam blind date" was really great company & we're still frenz!

Well personally, it takes me a very very long time to be friendly with someone. I keep a small circle.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    bobbyd3 wrote:

So a person should go alone rather than taking someone isn't obsessed with eddie vedder?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Well personally, it takes me a very very long time to be friendly with someone. I keep a small circle.
    Fuck! that's one of the best/risky part too is meeting new people and it adds more excitement to the experience b/c of your nervousness and uncertainty.

One of my extra ticket mate and his friends had extremely strong French-Canadian accent- hard to understand at times but boy, I had a blast with them.

So far no bad apples yet with Jammers I've met. :D
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I like the idea of taking a non-fan to a show and making them into a fan. Especially seeing as the Ed shows are not PJ shows, they may/do appeal to a different audience. I don't think Ed or any other member of PJ would turn away a new fan. New fans keep the band going. Bring 'em on!
    Just me
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    You DID dump him right??!! HOW DO U FALL ASLEEP AT A PEARL JAM SHOW!!!!!!!! :eek:

I broke up with him for two days, if that's even considered a break up.
    I asked him how he fell asleep at a PEARL JAM concert!!, and his response was "i dont know, it was boring." I was so disgusted with him.

EDIT: and then he goes on and tells me how AFI is so much better! ugh
  • Options
    wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    I think I said this in another thread......
    I'm so glad I'm single!!!!!!!

Can't tell you how many cool people I've met travelling to many shows alone -including Hawaii, Lolla & Bonnaroo. Went to The Beacon with the friends I made in Honolulu. Very cool!!!
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    I broke up with him for two days, if that's even considered a break up.
    I asked him how he fell asleep at a PEARL JAM concert!!, and his response was "i dont know, it was boring." I was so disgusted with him.

EDIT: and then he goes on and tells me how AFI is so much better! ugh

This definitely deserves a permanent break up!

I try to bring someone who will appreciate the show. Brought a non-PJ fan to EV solo in San Diego but he appreciates Bob Dylan etc. and he seemed like he really enjoyed it. Asked for the Into the Wild soundtrack after.

The problem with going alone/selling extra ticket is that you don't necessarily have anyone to hang with before or after unless you hit it off with the person you sell your extra to. But I am all for it in theory! At least be careful who you bring.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    im gonna take my 16 month old neice who is a big fan of colors and flashing lights!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    This definitely deserves a permanent break up!
    AGREED!!!!!