Spiritualized.

r1versr1vers Posts: 244
edited March 2008 in Other Music
enough said. anyone? anyone? never see any talk about them on here, maybe i've missed it, but the useless search button is of course not working for their name.
"Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    definitely LOVE me some Spiritualized......although I must say that the albums that have followed Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space have not been quite up to snuff

Ladies and Gentlemen....(the song) is one of the most incredible/beautiful songs I have EVER heard.

Cop Shoot Cop, 17 minutes of epic noise genius

Lazer Guided Melodies and Pure Phase are 2 of my favorite albums of all time

I missed Jason Spaceman's Acoustic Mainlines tour this past year....some of my friends went and said it was incredible. Heres a link to a show (you can download all the tracks - just right click on them and "Save as"):

http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/2007/11/mp3s-spiritualized-live-in-boston.htm

They have a new album coming out this summer - and are touring (they will be at V-fest in Toronto this September)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I love Spiritualized.An amazing band,very trippy and spacey live.Ladies and Gentleman is a fantastic album.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Ladies and Gentlemen is amazing. The title track and Broken Heart are so beautiful.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    they are opening for Nick Cave at the Hollywood Bowl........should be a great dark autumn night!
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    they are opening for Nick Cave at the Hollywood Bowl........should be a great dark autumn night!

i'm glad people responded to my post...was a little disappointed when i saw no one earlier. but yes! i'm excited for this as well as the new album...i haven't been able to get to any of the acoustic shows this tour either but definitely want to get to this. it will be my first time seeing them as i've only been a fan for like 2 years. lazer guided and ladies & gentlemen are my favorites too..but enjoy most of the stuff that i've heard. if anyone's interested here's a really great video of them back in 92 (i believe) on MTV 120 minutes available for download..its the full show so might lag a little bit opening

http://gallery.mac.com/dselevan#100064
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep