Pumpkins Residency in SF at the Fillmore

r1versr1vers Posts: 244
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Sooo who's gone, who's going, and what are your thoughts on these shows?

Went to last night & two nights ago (Tuesday & Wednesday) and was really pleased. Nice crowd & small venue. Some complaints around about the length of shows not being 3 hours as in previous nights, but its tough to be disappointed in 2 & a half hours of powerful music. The setlists were great both nights & I couldn't have asked for much more in terms of switching it up...even better than Pearl Jam last tour when I saw em two nights in a row. The dynamic between Billy & new guitarist Jeff is building..I was in front of Jeff in the front both nights and he thoroughly impressed me. Big shoes to fill & I think he's doing a great job. I had never seen Jimmy in action, only seen Corgan a few years back on his solo tour, and was blown away by his performance. I knew he was good & had seen videos, but he's definitely gotten even better over the years. Felt like I was getting a beating each night by standing in the front row.

Overall an awesome experience & met some really nice people. Anyone else out there looking forward to it or enjoyed it?
"Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    well i was front row for shepherds bush - London

played for 2 hours 45....

also saw them in austria and switzerland the week before

my life is complete .. seen PJ + SP + AIC + Cornell :)