Carry Me Ohio

artjamartjam Posts: 227
edited September 2006 in Other Music
This is one of the best songs ive ever heard. I am beginning to think Mark Kozelek is one of the best singer/songwriters of our time. Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters are the only bands I listen to lately besides PJ. Just posting so those who havent heard this song can be blown away like I was!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it is a relly good song. The whole album is pretty good. I ran across it last year. I even have it on vinyl. :)
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    artjam wrote:
    This is one of the best songs ive ever heard. I am beginning to think Mark Kozelek is one of the best singer/songwriters of our time. Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters are the only bands I listen to lately besides PJ. Just posting so those who havent heard this song can be blown away like I was!

i'm such a fan as well. the "rollercoaster" record by rhp is so timeless and excellent... a real fave of mine

;
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    Penny453 wrote:
    it is a relly good song. The whole album is pretty good. I ran across it last year. I even have it on vinyl. :)

oooh, im gonna have to get that vinyl.
  • artjam wrote:
    oooh, im gonna have to get that vinyl.
    I got it off if ebay I believe. It's wasn't too expensive. Well worth the money.
  • yes really great music.

did anyone get the pretty recent release that was all Modest Mouse covers? I listened to it in a record store listening booth and thought it was just ok. one of those things i might pickup one day
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yes really great music.

did anyone get the pretty recent release that was all Modest Mouse covers? I listened to it in a record store listening booth and thought it was just ok. one of those things i might pickup one day

its out on myspace if you want to check out first..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Oh man! Excellent call artjam!

*heart sinks*
    I adore this song. :o

lukins fridge, I've always wanted to pick that up but never got around to it. My best friend recently got it and listened to it a few times. She had the same "just OK" reaction at first but now says that it's finally hit her and she can't stop listening. Thanks for that heads up kdpjam! :D That's the way to do it! I'll definitely go check that out!

Speaking of the beauty reworked covers.... Up to My Neck in You is one of the most gorgeous ones ever! :o

Again, excellent call with this thread artjam. :)
    I have a sudden urge to be Carried to Ohio via my Itunes. :p haha. So cheesy. But yeah...I'm off to listen to this pretty ass song that one can never get enough of!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I got that too. It was good. I hope they come out with something else soon.

tiny cities - great record...ocean breathes salty is one of the greatest songs ever...he heard the SONG in there...WOW! he is so amazing.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours