Pink Floyd to tour! When?

parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Oh man, with all those bands reuniting (i.e. The Police) I am really looking forward to see Pink Floyd live - with Gilmour and Waters together (like Live 8). I was too young when the last played here in the Netherlands. And 2nd, I don't care what they charge for tickets. I'll definitely go.

Imo they're one of the best bands ever!

Any supporters here?

Off-topic: I would die to hear PJ cover Comfortably Numb!
♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    I just said the other day that Floyd is the one band that I would travel anywhere possible to see!

I'm glad I got to see them in '95 and I'd love to get the chance to do it again!!!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    me too. I have only been fortunate enough to see Roger Waters solo.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    dirtyT wrote:
    me too. I have only been fortunate enough to see Roger Waters solo.

Same here but it was a great night.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Waters does a good job at being "pink floyd". So good that I checked him out last year and I am going again in July for an encore performance. Got to see Floyd without Waters in 87 along with Waters a few months before on the Radio Kaos tour. Both were good in their own way. But I dig Waters solo stuff more then Gilmour so I have never had the need to see the G-man by himself where I have seen Waters four times in a 20 year span. Take what you can get because the "really beeg show" just might not ever happen for a world tour. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm seeing Waters in less than a month.

I think it's the closest I'll ever be.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    I saw Waters in March...amazing show.
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    parel jam wrote:
    Oh man, with all those bands reuniting (i.e. The Police) I am really looking forward to see Pink Floyd live - with Gilmour and Waters together (like Live 8). I was too young when the last played here in the Netherlands. And 2nd, I don't care what they charge for tickets. I'll definitely go.

Imo they're one of the best bands ever!

Any supporters here?

Off-topic: I would die to hear PJ cover Comfortably Numb!

so is there an official statement from the band as to confirm this .??
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    I hate to say it but there is no Pink Floyd without Waters, for me anyway.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    i don't think they will ever grace the same stage together again, unfortunately. i hope i'm wrong though!

they will. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Read a decent interview with Waters in the May issue of Uncut (it's a British music mag, you perverts).

This is on the reunion topic...

ON THE LIVE8 DVD, THINGS LOOK A BIT TENSE BETWEEN THE BAND IN THE REHEARSAL FOOTAGE. WAS THIS THE CASE?

A little bit. It was bound to be, after all the history. But I went into the whole process determined to roll over if there was an argument. I know how to work this. If there's conflict, I immediately play dead. Then everything will be fine. And I did and it seemed to work rather well, I have to say.

BUT YOU COULD NEVER ROLL OVER AND PLAY DEAD FOR A WHOLE TOUR?

No. Rolling over and playing dead isn't my natural style. I have far too much life and exuberance and attachment to the work, and far too many ideas. My natural state is to constantly express my ideas and feelings, sometimes at full volume. To not be engaged is a very alien condition for me.

DID IT FEEL LIKE DAVE GILMOUR WAS IN CHARGE AND YOU WERE JUST DOING WHAT HE TOLD YOU?

No, of course not. I was sort of controlling the whole thing without doing anything. It was a bit like walking on rice paper. I think it was a bit of a worry to him. I might be wrong, but he came up with some strange comments after Live8, one of which was, "I don't know what the big fuss is about. It would have been just the same whether Roger was there or not." That illustrated for me that maybe he doesn't quite get how important the symbiosis between the four of us was during "the golden years" of that band. We were great together. We all made a contribution, but it was the combination of the four separate talents. It was a very, very special thing.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET YOU TOGETHER FOR A TOUR - MONEY, A GOOD CAUSE?

This is why Dave is very reluctant to ever do anything again: for 20 years it's been his baby. He doesn't want to give up that position, and why should he? Listen. If somehow, working through all our egos, all the history and whatever, we could come together for a reason - I don't care what - and maybe do a few gigs in London, a few in New York and a few in LA, Palestine, wherever. I'd be up for it. It wouldn't be a one-off gig, because to do all that work just for one night wouldn't be worth it. But a number of events that would draw a nice line under the work the four of us did together would be very satisfying for me. I'd be prepared to give six months or so in terms of preparation for something like that. I'm sure Nick [Mason] would as well, but I don't think Dave wants to. That's his prerogative and I have no down on him. If you're talking about building a whole new show, that whets my appetite, notwithstanding what I said in the late 70s about stadiums and how bad they were, all of which I believed at the time. But a Pink Floyd thing, that would need a lot of serious thinking about. Of course, when I was in the band, I did all the thinking. I wrote most of the songs and I made all of the shows. So that might be difficult.