Saw velvet revolver last night they only played for like an hour 15 minutes

bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I went out to boston yesterday to see velvet revolver play and was a bit dissapointed. I paid 70 bucks for the ticket and they dont hit the stage til almost 10pm, and left it at about 11:15.

They put on a good show but what the hells up with such a short show, bands keep charging more and more and playing less and less
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• donravendonraven Posts: 139
    Thats less than Pearl Jam's usual first set

I guess we are spoiled by Pearl Jam

Its too much to ask these days to get value for our money
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    With all of one album under their belt as a band...so not surprised.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    dharma69 wrote:
    With all of one album under their belt as a band...so not surprised.

They have a second album coming out soon, no excuse. They've always done short shows, usually 90 minutes tops.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    holtz wrote:
    They have a second album coming out soon, no excuse. They've always done short shows, usually 90 minutes tops.
    I know, it's a shame....but I'm still not surprised.

I've heard the first single of the album...sounds more STP than GnR, which I guess is a good thing.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I saw VR in Seattle a few years ago and they played for less than an hour. Save your money and go see Axl. He may go on at Midnight but at least you'll get a 2 1/2 hour set of good music.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Velvet Revolver kick ass. One of the best bands going today.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    i wouldn't go see velvet revolver even if someone gave me a free ticket. their first album blew. however, whoever goes to a show, please throw weiland a sandwich.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • First mistake; choosing to listen to a band composed of has been ass clown hacks.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    PJammin' wrote:
    i wouldn't go see velvet revolver even if someone gave me a free ticket. their first album blew. however, whoever goes to a show, please throw weiland a sandwich.

I saw them once in 05' for free and it wasnt bad and I would go again for free but I wouldnt spend 70 fuckin dollars to see them thats for sure.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I saw them here in Budapest in 2005 and I found them really good although Guns N' Roses with Axl last year was waaaaaay better I swear!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I just saw Kings of Leon and that was about 5 minutes longer than their set. :(

But then I only paid 1/3rd of the price for a ticket and definitely saw a much better band :)
    NERDS!
  • u dimwits, they're only doin warm-up clubs shows promoting the new album, of course they wont play long.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    I saw them in Toronto on this week..and they were awesome...played for 1.5 hours...played alot of old and new stuff, STP Vasoline, GNR Used to Love her, Pink Floyd Wish you were here and. Great show and tickets were only $45Cdn. I find that very reasonable for an intimate show. id rather pay that then go see RHCP for 100 and they still only play for 1.5 hours...
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Someone please tell me how anyone can take these tools serious.

http://static.last.fm/proposedimages/original/6/1182660/172080.jpg

It is like the casting dorector for a crappy after school special dressed them; "OK, I think we should go with the 'bad ass' image, you sir, rip off the sleeves of your flanel and put on these pleather pants. And you with the needle in your arm, wear this denim suit but show me a little navel and alot of camel toe."