Options

Anyone have the new Racaunters albume? is it good?

bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I have only heard the single from it, and I think if jack whites in the group its gotta be good. But anyone listened to the whole thing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bobbyd3 wrote:
    I have only heard the single from it, and I think if jack whites in the group its gotta be good. But anyone listened to the whole thing?

I have it and like the album.
    There are a couple of weak tracks but overall it's pretty solid.
  • Options
    I have it and like the album.
    There are a couple of weak tracks but overall it's pretty solid.

i concur. nothing groundbreaking here but they wrote some good tunes. some parts rock pretty hard and there are a couple nice quieter songs as well. overall, it's short so there isn't really any filler. if you like jack white and the white stripes you'll like this, although i find the white stripes discs to be a bit more interesting
  • Options
    SteveMurraySteveMurray Posts: 66
    definitely worth purchasing, good album...
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    some not so great songs, though mainly great songs...overall very much worth buying

blows away anything hes done with the white stripes in my opinion
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    as a fan of the white stripes, brendan benson and the greenhornes there was never a chance i wouldn't like this album.
    i like yellow sun
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    I think the album really rocks. Just a solid rock album with flares of the past.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    incredible.

i dunno how i can go back to the stripes.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I prefer the Stripes by a mile but it's still worth picking up.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Average album overall, but a few moments of brilliance(Steady As She Goes and the title track mostly). It is worth getting, but it doesn't compare to the Stripes or Benson's solo stuff. It really should be better considering who is in it, but Jack White tries too hard to not overshadow anybody even though his songs are clearly the best.

It is around a 7 out of 10 IMO, somewhere in that area, worth hearing, but don't get your hopes too high.
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    CM1847 wrote:
    Average album overall, but a few moments of brilliance(Steady As She Goes and the title track mostly). It is worth getting, but it doesn't compare to the Stripes or Benson's solo stuff. It really should be better considering who is in it, but Jack White tries too hard to not overshadow anybody even though his songs are clearly the best.

It is around a 7 out of 10 IMO, somewhere in that area, worth hearing, but don't get your hopes too high.

I agree with this pretty much. Broken Boy Soldiers is an amazing song though, and I love the bluesy feel of Blue Vein. I'd say I'd rate it a 7.5 or so since there is a weak track or two and the album is rather short. Well worth picking up though even though I wish White would've used his amazing guitar skills more.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    pj_zombie wrote:
    I agree with this pretty much. Broken Boy Soldiers is an amazing song though, and I love the bluesy feel of Blue Vein. I'd say I'd rate it a 7.5 or so since there is a weak track or two and the album is rather short. Well worth picking up though even though I wish White would've used his amazing guitar skills more.
    Broken Boy Soldier is one of the best songs released this year, it is quite amazing. I like the shortness of the album, a nice ode to the classic rock/pop styles they are paying homage to throughout, it works. My problem is there are too many forgettable songs between "Intimate Secretary" and "Blue Veins."
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    I can kind of see that but I find Level to be quite memorable. After that is nothing until Blue Vein.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I just bought it and listened to about half of it. I like it so far!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I love it! Definately worth the buy.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix