Anyone else get $60 Lolla passes??

Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
edited March 2008 in Other Music
CAUSE I SURE DID!!! WOO!!! been checking obsessively all week... glad it paid off! i guess this is only PJ related if someone from PJ ends up playing there... but i just wanted to share my excitement and see if anyone else is going

Radiohead will be headlining for those unsure at the moment... i have my sources :D

also Blind Melon is rumored at the moment and would be sweet to see there
"Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• scottbirdscottbird Posts: 132
    Who is playing Lolla 2008?
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    oh and for those keeping score at home... 3 days of music in beautiful grant park with over 100 bands... cheaper than an ed solo show :D hehe

scottbird wrote:
    Who is playing Lolla 2008?
    not announced yet... i could care less really... that weekend is the highlight of every summer regardless... its usually the only time i get to see all my friends at once... i believe jack johnson has been confirmed tho... hopefully not headlining... as much as i like him, it seems like itd be the most boring live show ever

• jrrrrr15jrrrrr15 Posts: 95
    I missed out! I've been checking all week and checked when i got to work this morning at 9am. Was in meetings and just checked again and saw that they sold out.

Went last year and it was such an amazing time! Great festival and great location.
    7.5.03 Camden I, 10.2.04 Toledo, 9.15.05 Montreal, 9.16.05 Ottawa, 10.1.05 Atlantic City, 5.13.06 Hartford, 5.27.06 Camden I, 5.30.06 DC, 6.3.06 NJ II, 7.7.06 San Diego, Lollapalooza 2007, 6.24.08 MSG I, 6.25.08 MSG II, 6.27.08 Hartford, 6.28.08 Mansfield I, 6.30.08 Mansfield II, 10.28.09 Philly II, 10.30.09 Philly III, 10.31.09 Philly IV
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    i got myself tickets, and all my friends got theirs as well too. gonna be a good weekend!! can't wait. I heard foo fighters have open tour dates that would allow them to play there...

also posted a thread like this in other music but i guess no one likes me over there...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

jrrrrr15 wrote:
    I missed out! I've been checking all week and checked when i got to work this morning at 9am. Was in meetings and just checked again and saw that they sold out.

Went last year and it was such an amazing time! Great festival and great location.
    the way they did it this year sucked... sending out an email in advance was a horrible idea as far as scalping... they were gone literally in less than 10 minutes... last year i waited on the phone for like an hour and was still able to get a pair... maybe because the lolla website was better able to handle the traffic this time... im happy tho... just sucks that so many of my friends missed out eventho i called them right away

a5pj wrote:
    i got myself tickets, and all my friends got theirs as well too. gonna be a good weekend!! can't wait. I heard foo fighters have open tour dates that would allow them to play there...

also posted a thread like this in other music but i guess no one likes me over there...
    haha... thats why i dont bother... the porch is where its at! (please dont move my thread kat :) )

and the foos would make a great headliner! also crossing my fingers for NIN if they have an opening that weekend... if Radiohead is infact the main headliner tho id assume all the other headliners would be of a somewhat lesser caliber... we shall wait and see

• Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I didn't get them this year! I have gotten the $60 tickets for the past three years too!

My luck had to run out eventually and it did. I didn't get an email about or anything.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    I didn't get them this year! I have gotten the $60 tickets for the past three years too!

My luck had to run out eventually and it did. I didn't get an email about or anything.
    aw that sucks... even the early bird deal is pretty good considering all the music and everything... hope ya still go and have a great time!

sgossard3 wrote:
    haha... thats why i dont bother... the porch is where its at! (please dont move my thread kat :) )

and the foos would make a great headliner! also crossing my fingers for NIN if they have an opening that weekend... if Radiohead is infact the main headliner tho id assume all the other headliners would be of a somewhat lesser caliber... we shall wait and see

radiohead would be cool to see, ive seen the foo once and they were really good. gonna be a great weekend none the less.

• NWOntarioNWOntario Posts: 826
    Last year elevated Lollapalooza to "can't miss" status, as far as I'm concerned; it was easily the highlight of my year, and maybe the highlight of several years (and that's before taking the Vic and my first-ever game at Wrigley Field into consideration). Of course, I was living much closer than I am now. I think I'd need a similar line-up (quality-wise, anyway) to last year to convince me to make the trek from Western Canada.

And that said, if you're on the fence about Lollapalooza--go. It'll be an incredible experience.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    NWOntario wrote:
    Last year elevated Lollapalooza to "can't miss" status, as far as I'm concerned; it was easily the highlight of my year, and maybe the highlight of several years (and that's before taking the Vic and my first-ever game at Wrigley Field into consideration). Of course, I was living much closer than I am now. I think I'd need a similar line-up (quality-wise, anyway) to last year to convince me to make the trek from Western Canada.

And that said, if you're on the fence about Lollapalooza--go. It'll be an incredible experience.

I have to agree
    great music in a great city, and the best baseball experience Ive ever had (course the vedder appearance helped)

seriously thinking about it

cubs are home that weekend against the pirates
  • distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    lolla was fanfuckingtastic last year but this year is the year of the Roo.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
    distantsun wrote:
    lolla was fanfuckingtastic last year but this year is the year of the Roo.
    umm its looking like nine inch nails and radiohead at lolla this year... all the PJ in the world cant beat seeing both of those bands in the comfort and scenic setting of DT Chicago!

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Radiohead & NIN + one more headliner.

Pretty awesome.

But missed out on $60 tix. Ah well.
  • i am annoyed.

i have bought tickets all 3 years so far

they should reward those of us who are loyal to the festival with these damn tickets.

they sell like 2,000 of them, and then 150,000 of regular price tickets. wtf.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Got 'em. For anyone who didn't, I'd recommend using IE next time to get the tickets, not Firefox. They should do another presale or two sometime soon.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Got 'em. For anyone who didn't, I'd recommend using IE next time to get the tickets, not Firefox. They should do another presale or two sometime soon.

they never do that.

regular tickets go onsale 3/25 as far as i know.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    they never do that.

regular tickets go onsale 3/25 as far as i know.
    yah i think thats when "early bird" passes go onsale... theyll be about $120-130 i think... then after that they go up to like $250 for the 3 day or $90 a day... wont be anymore $60 passes this year tho

• sgossard3 wrote:
    yah i think thats when "early bird" passes go onsale... theyll be about $120-130 i think... then after that they go up to like $250 for the 3 day or $90 a day... wont be anymore $60 passes this year tho
    Right, the $120-140 presales is what I was referring to. No more $60 ones.
    i caught the cubs game with ed last year, think i might try to hit a white sox game this year just so i can say that ive seen a game in that stadium. Go CUBBIES though!!

a5pj wrote:
    i caught the cubs game with ed last year, think i might try to hit a white sox game this year just so i can say that ive seen a game in that stadium. Go CUBBIES though!!
    good food at "comiskey"... thats about all tho... :D