Ween live

patw486patw486 Posts: 52
edited December 2006 in Other Music
anyone been to a Ween show before? i'm thinking about going to see them in raleigh next wednesday, and i'm just wondering what to expect from them. i feel like i need to see them just because they are so ridiculous.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• patw486 wrote:
    anyone been to a Ween show before? i'm thinking about going to see them in raleigh next wednesday, and i'm just wondering what to expect from them. i feel like i need to see them just because they are so ridiculous.

You must go see Ween. It could be an 1.5 hour show or it could be a 4 hour show. You will not be disappointed.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love that band.

everybody i know hates them.
  • patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    You must go see Ween. It could be an 1.5 hour show or it could be a 4 hour show. You will not be disappointed.

ok i'm sold. but now the question is: if i'm not high or tripping balls will i still like it?
  • patw486 wrote:
    ok i'm sold. but now the question is: if i'm not high or tripping balls will i still like it?

Oh yeah. However you perceive their music based on the CD version is nothing like how they pull it off live. They throw in all the effects and whatnot, but basically, it's a rock show. Deaner's face is worth the price of admission alone.
  • VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    buy the dvd live in chicago. they are real good live. they sound like a weird but awesome rock band live. some good musicians too.
    I am questioning my education
  • I saw Ween live about three years ago. It was one of the best live acts I have ever seen. They looked really stoned (probably because they were.) At the end of the show, the drummer had amassed a collection of about fifteen bras that hung on his drumset. When they played their last song they let about ten people dance on the stage with them. They are a very crowd pleasing band.
    Quiet Patriot for the World's Revolution
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    they are great! one of the best live bands around.
    "bannanas and blow"
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Ween's one of the best live bands I've seen. Played about 3 hours when I saw them, which was awesome and painful at the same time- it was at a club w/ concrete floors- nowhere to lean or anything, and by the time it was over my back was killin' me. Still, it was worth it. You'll enjoy the show.

Live in Chicago is great, look also for the Live at Stubb's 3 CD set. It's out of print, but you should be able to find the tracks on one of the P2P servers. I love their version of VH's "Hot for Teacher."
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    also grab the 3 disc dvd set of stubbs from browntracker.net.. its probably even better than the live in chicago dvd.. i love this band

can't wait for their next album
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • I saw Ween at their first sold out show in Philadelphia in 1998 and to this day it was the best fucking show i've ever been to...146 minutes of total insanity...you can download it here...

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=8951
    JWBusher wrote:
    I saw Ween at their first sold out show in Philadelphia in 1998 and to this day it was the best fucking show i've ever been to...146 minutes of total insanity...you can download it here...

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=8951

wow man.. you really were pretty much part of history.. that bootleg is classic

a dvd of this show would be sweet.. i think its wicked they promote browntracker with dvds of any shows fans want to video tape
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    wow man.. you really were pretty much part of history.. that bootleg is classic

Fuckin' A right - it was crazy! The trocadero theatre (we call it the "Troc") is a pretty small venue - it has a GA floor like a club but it looks like a tiny theatre inside - so you feel like you're in some miniature theatre where the Muppet Show takes place or something. Imagine this place packed full with crazy people and the band is fucked up beyond beilief - I've never heard a band who sounds so good when they're all fucked up on drugs - usually bands sound worse and their performances are bogged down or drawn out - not these guys - they're staggering around the stage but they're still tight as fuck - they're fun to watch too - the smoke machine would go off before a guitar solo and the lights would go down and then Deaner would burst through the smoke into the light - and the place would go apeshit - they played "The Blarney Stone" and suddenly everybody had beers and was swinging them back and forth, singing loudy - the place felt like it was going to explode when they played "Buenos Tardes Amigo" - very intense vibe in that room - I would fucking kill to have a video or a board tape (or both).

I wonder where the guy was positioned who taped that show - he had to be in the balcony right in front of the stacks because it was noisy as fuck in the audience - and other tapes done in the crowd bear this out. His recording is so upfront and clear - many people think it's a matrix.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I saw them at Bumbershoot in Seattle a while back and they were fantastic. I would've loved to see them with the Shit Creek Boys.....the live album from Toronto kicks major ass.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
    JWBusher wrote:
    Fuckin' A right - it was crazy! The trocadero theatre (we call it the "Troc") is a pretty small venue - it has a GA floor like a club but it looks like a tiny theatre inside - so you feel like you're in some miniature theatre where the Muppet Show takes place or something. Imagine this place packed full with crazy people and the band is fucked up beyond beilief - I've never heard a band who sounds so good when they're all fucked up on drugs - usually bands sound worse and their performances are bogged down or drawn out - not these guys - they're staggering around the stage but they're still tight as fuck - they're fun to watch too - the smoke machine would go off before a guitar solo and the lights would go down and then Deaner would burst through the smoke into the light - and the place would go apeshit - they played "The Blarney Stone" and suddenly everybody had beers and was swinging them back and forth, singing loudy - the place felt like it was going to explode when they played "Buenos Tardes Amigo" - very intense vibe in that room - I would fucking kill to have a video or a board tape (or both).

I wonder where the guy was positioned who taped that show - he had to be in the balcony right in front of the stacks because it was noisy as fuck in the audience - and other tapes done in the crowd bear this out. His recording is so upfront and clear - many people think it's a matrix.

yeah man that sounds amazing.. I have a DVD of pearl jam in that very venue from sometime in early 1992.. so I have a good idea of the size. In that show Eddie scaled the whole balcony and dived into the crowd during porch!

i'll ask around on the ween forums and browntracker.. if you seen someone taping i'm sure a video of it exists
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I saw them a couple of years ago at this old theater in town and I was very impressed. They played for over 2 hours and they were never boring. I have the Live in Chicago DVD as well and it's great.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    hopefully the new album will be out by early next year... they are supposed to be doing another world tour
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    JWBusher wrote:

I think the show you were at is up on http://www.browntracker.net !

I'm gettin it regardless :)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!