The Weakerthans

blueinthefaceblueintheface Posts: 153
edited October 2007 in Other Music
just saw them in chicago last thursday and they were incredible.

for anyone that doesn't know this band...i am confident in my saying that John Samson is the best lyricist in music today. if you have any interest in modern poetry, he would be my guess for the closest link to music still making albums today. (he occasionally writes songs in perfect sonnet form, and it sounds incredible)

check them out, their new album is called Reunion Tour, but you can't go wrong with any of their others.

for anyone that does know them, show some love, they deserve more fans than I saw at the metro.
"be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    yeah my friend took me to see them a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it never really listened to them prior, well still don't but will definitly see them next time they are in town
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have no problem stating the title track off Left and Leaving is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    "Plea From a Cat Named Virtute" makes me cry every time.... :o

I swear I’m going to bite you hard and taste your tinny blood,
    if you don’t stop the self-defeating lies you’ve been repeating
    since the day you brought me home.

I know you’re strong.
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~