bruce sprisngsteens new record.....

jeffjeff Posts: 12
edited March 2008 in Other Music
i have not posted in a very long time. but i just had to jump on and say that the new bruce springsteen album "magic" is awesome and i recomend you pick it up. it is the first record of his that i have ever bought. i'm 24. i truly love it. i was amazed at how much he sounded like eddie. then it hit me...he doesn't sound like eddie...eddie sounds like him..!!! i am a huge pj fan. they are my fav band and because of the admiration eddie had for bruce..."he's the boss...i guess that makes us the employees" or something like that, i gave it a shot and was very pleased. i recomend you listen to it once while reading the lyrics...then you'll have more of an an idea what he's saying. some of my favorites are "radio nowhere" which is the first song and a good up tempo tune...it reminds me of a pj song kinda. "livin' in the future" is awesome...!!! groovy groovy tune, just makes you dance and sing...great lyrics...learn them and you will love to sing along...!!! then theres songs like "gypsy biker" and "long walk home" that are a little slower and emotional. oh and then "girls in there summer clothes" very cool song...i love the beginning, it's got this cool cello melody that opens the first 8 bars or whatever and man it's just great!! theres so much to say....but let me just rap up by saying the very last song on the record....it's actually not listed on the back...it's a secret song about a friend of bruces that died, made me cry more than a few times. you have to listen to it. anyways, i had to pass this info along. i hope you partake and enjoy...!! "when they built you brother they broke the mold"
I've been listening since the beginning and they only get better with age.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was never a big fan of Bruce until I bought 'The 'Rising' and I've got all of his stuff now. I haven't warmed to 'Magic' very much though, although there are some great songs on there. If you are turning into a big fan of his you definitely need 'The Rising' and 'Born to Run', which are my personal favorites, but other people will point to other albums and they won't be wrong either
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I was never a big fan of Bruce until I bought 'The 'Rising' and I've got all of his stuff now. I haven't warmed to 'Magic' very much though, although there are some great songs on there. If you are turning into a big fan of his you definitely need 'The Rising' and 'Born to Run', which are my personal favorites, but other people will point to other albums and they won't be wrong either

See, "The Rising" to me is a very hit or miss album. I would suggest "Magic" to someone before "The Rising". It's just all over the place when it comes to sound.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    See, "The Rising" to me is a very hit or miss album. I would suggest "Magic" to someone before "The Rising". It's just all over the place when it comes to sound.
    i agree with this.

also Greetings, Wild The Innocent & The E Street Suffle, Born to Run, Darkness, Nebraska, USA and Devils & Dust are all essential listening. discs one and two of Tracks are amazing also.
  • Not intending to sound defensive of my opinion at all, but I find every one of the songs on the rising very good. The varying styles used, to me, are a major plus. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all