Just got back from the show..met Ed and the band tonite

stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
edited July 2008 in Other Music
024.jpg

:D

figured I'd fuck with my people here on AET tonite since its gonna get moved and I'm FUCKING EXCITED

so since I have your attention, heres a recap of my day

I decided last minute to go see LIVE and Collective Soul tonite at Hammerstein and I got there pretty late, like 7pm not thinking I was gonna get in. I roll up a block away and I see the Pearl Jam type of busses and I look and see some bearded guy with dark shades and I go Chad?? Guys like "Hey wassup bro?" I shook his hand and started kicking it with him about previous shows and how I'm trying to get in and he goes "no ticket? Fuck lemme try and get you in on the guest list" :eek: but the crew guys were screaming LETS GO WERE LATE! and I go "dont worry bro I'll get in but if anything I'll see you after for a pic" and hes like "cool man have a great time, see you inside." SO far so good..I go around find a scalper get a 50 buck ticket for 40 and made my way to the rail in front of where Chad plays and Adam the newer guitarist. Collective Soul takes the stage and just KILLED IT! My 1st time seeing them and it wont be the last..GREAT energy. Played some great songs a few rarities all in all about 15 songs one encore and the way the band left the stage was BEAUTIFUL! The band walks away and Ed Roland keeps playing his guitar waving goodbye. Bands all gone and you can still hear him playing his acoustic for a few minutes to fade away..I thought that was cool and different.
SO LIVE is about to take the stage and boom right from the get go Chad starts going apeshit in front of me starts pointing me out and laughing like YOU GOT IN! ;) They played songs I hadnt gotten the other 2x seeing them. Got a pick from Collective Soul Bassist Will Terpin and one from Lives Adam. Also got Collective Souls setlist. Now there were Pearl jam fans everywhere in there cause I stopped and overheard a bunch of them talking about PJ and Eds show next week and I stopped and kicked it with a few of them. Even afterwords but wait on that story for a sec. So shows over and I head back to the busses and about 15 mins after Eds wife and 2 daugters who were backstage come out, oldest daughter with the Jonah bros Rolling stone mag and I go to her read the article about PJ!, lol....dude next to me? DIEHARD Jammer so we start talking PJ ,been to mad shows as well and all of a sudden Eddie Kowalzcyk comes out right to me and goes "Dude.....you fucking rock!" I was like what?? He goes "You rock out! you have a great time?" And i go "of course man! 3rd time and it wont be the last, and thank you for playing the Distance to here tonite, love that song!" Signed my ticket and the CS setlist and I go to him "Bro I been to 30+ pearl jam shows..yall keep switching up the setlist and I'll keep coming back man..you guys just ROCK!" He goes "really??? we just might have to do that!" Told him to bust out more mental jewelry, etc..so down to earth guy just about on a McCready level....and then Patrick Dahlheimer comes out, got the setlist and tix signed..and then Adam and Chad Taylor who I met b4 the show and Chad Gracey their drummer come out. Drummer comes right to me 1st "DUDE..you fuckin rock you were having a blast!" Adam follows up who I was right in front of and rocking out with all nite laughs "WHAT UP MAN!"..kept pointing me out durng the show, comes shakes my hand and we just kicked it and Chad who was with a crew looks over with a beer in hand and goes "HOLD ON HOLD ON!! THATS MY BOY! THIS FUCKIN GUY HAS BEEN THE SHIT!!! He's been patient all night, rocked out harder than anyone in the audience and I owe him one!" ..he comes over and we just started to kick it hardcore they all signed my setlist and ticket, gave me mad love and said hope to see me again at more shows. Problem was my flash sucked and dudes that took the pics ..can NOT take pics for shit! least I got my boy Chad in with the bandana on the right over there, Adam and Chad the drummer on my left

026.jpg
Chads one cool ass muthafucka...the whole band was so fuckin REAL and Chad is just a maniac on stage on a McCready level! He fuckin Brings that shit no joke!

and this half ass job with Patrick :(

025.jpg

the other ones sucked ..they cam out very Lo2L'ish

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v213/hollacabeza/Live%20and%20Collective%20soul/

got a few chicks numbers and info so I should be able to get some better pics from them

ahhh
and thats my night...I'm ready for Ed shows next week :D
Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Wow..I need glasses for them pics...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    release30 wrote:
    Wow..I need glasses for them pics...
    yea dont strain to hard, lol
    like I said they look more like the LO2L cd cover
    the only decent one is with me and ed

:rolleyes:I need a good camera already
  • Good for you, Sticky. I love me some Collective Soul and have seen them several times. Now you would think I would know about last night's concert, but NNOOOOOOOOO. You would think I would have the heads up. Here's the reason why - my daughter - the one we discussed yesterday actually works at Hammerstein albeit she didn't work there last night. It's a small world.

I usually get into shows - shhhh - through the backdoor. That is why I was hoping PJ would do an intimate "fans only" type thing there. That is my dream.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    PJ at Hammerstein would be fuckin ridiculous! I LOVE that place! Damn see now I gotta get the hook up! lol Next show I attend at Hammerstein I'll let you know and if you're down we can go or just meet up or whatever...never a problem for me to just get up and go to a show alone and just meet people there..I love that.
  • stickboy wrote:
    PJ at Hammerstein would be fuckin ridiculous! I LOVE that place! Damn see now I gotta get the hook up! lol Next show I attend at Hammerstein I'll let you know and if you're down we can go or just meet up or whatever...never a problem for me to just get up and go to a show alone and just meet people there..I love that.

Yeah, but for now all I have is to look forward to August 4th and 5th> Poor me :D
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"