Van Halen with Roth to tour

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
edited January 2007 in Other Music
nice
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gonna be amazing, Roth is one of the best front men ever. Roth and Van halen togheter one of the best 1-2punches in rock history.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Roth is washed up, and although Ed can still rip it, he's also a shadow of his former self :(

I give this tour 3 months before the wheels come off. Don't see Diamond Dave and Eddie sharing ego space. Separate tour busses at the very least.
  • I'll take great disasters of the 21st century for $100 Alex.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • I'll take great disasters of the 21st century for $100 Alex.

PBM

I disagree. They'll make mad money and be able to recieve their well deserved Hall of Fame nomination coming off a successful tour.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    No Michael Anthony on tour though? Heard Wolfgang will be playing Bass. Probably last chance to see this if they make it through rehearsal.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    van halen tour? guns n roses new album? what bizarre twilght zone did 2007 fall into?

oh yeah, one that noone cares about
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I love Van Halen. One of my favorite all-time bands.

But this has train wreck written all over it. Eddie's 15-year old son is playing bass, since they booted out Michael Anthony. And all reports or recent DLR shows say he really can't sing too well anymore. Yuck.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • I disagree. They'll make mad money and be able to recieve their well deserved Hall of Fame nomination coming off a successful tour.

You can't tell me that Roth can share the stage with a 15 year old kid. He's bound to smart off and piss Ed off. This is the worst idea.

Granted, they would be stupid not to play off their HOF induction, but this line-up is asking for trouble.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    yeah can't wait till i read about this fiasco, fuck has anybody seen diamond dave lately fuck he looks like DR SMITH from lost in space. can you picture that him wearing spandex or what ever he decides to dress and how about a hair peice .... face it people it's been over long ago never to recapture that magic that i was fortunate to miss .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • This will be a complete disaster. Eddie's ego ruined Van Halen. The band's been dead for 11 years. Add in Dave's ego and you have a bomb waiting to go off.

Aside from the egos, the performances themselves will stink. Eddie's kid on bass? Roth's shitty vocals? And who's going to sing backup with Mike gone? There will be nothing left to cover up Dave's off-key vocals without him there.
  • Van Halen. Van Halen II. Women And Children First. Fair Warning. Sometimes memories are enough.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    van halen tour? guns n roses new album? what bizarre twilght zone did 2007 fall into?

oh yeah, one that noone cares about

rofl!

roth > hagar

that is all
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    no Michael Anthony ?

:confused:

that means no Jack Daniels Bass guitar ! ? ! ?

wtf?

why cant these 4 guys get along and put together a tour ?

contrary
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    If Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley could put up with Ace Frehley & Peter a few years back, then Ed and Dave should be able to get along. Or at least pretend-get along for the sake of making some greenbacks.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    If Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley could put up with Ace Frehley & Peter a few years back, then Ed and Dave should be able to get along. Or at least pretend-get along for the sake of making some greenbacks.

I don't know Fanch...I don't think Peter and Ace had/have the ego that Diamond Dave has.

Being upstaged by Ed or Wolfgang...I can't see him taking to that.

PBM

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The other difference being that for at least the first reunion, Peter and Ace got paid up front if memory serves...1 million each. They also had to sign contracts stating that they would keep it together for the tour. i remember something about routine exercise being part of that.

The band that squats together, stays together :p
  • Does anyone know for sure if Roth's ego is as big now as it was in the past? If it's still massive, my question would be, 'on the basis of what?'. Roth hasn't had a hit in almost 20 years, has been shunned by the Van Halen camp since 1985 and has not aged well. In fact, I can't think of another major rock front man who has made such a dramatic shift from rock god to punchline.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    What the hell, do they ever fucking make up their mind? I though Hagar was coming back?

What is the over/under on the date Eddie kicks David Lee in the balls.

For the record there is NO van Halen without DLR. His air kicking, girls girls girls attitude was as much van Halen as Eddied Guitar, the bourban bass, and vh2's drums.\