B-52's - Love Shack

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,847
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I haven't heard this song in like 5 years and just stumbled upon it on youtube. it's such a fucking great tune. I never heard a song that really invokes the image of a good time like this one. like they say, love shack, that's where it's at. it's that simple. the video is a piece of 80's gold too. http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8NhJNpQlsY

I'm telling ya, you bring your jukebox money and your penis to this place and you look like you're in for a good time. I like all the singers' voices too. not to mention a pretty fun guitar riff. I should maybe download other songs of theirs. this is the only one i know of.
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't heard this song in like 5 years and just stumbled upon it on youtube. it's such a fucking great tune. I never heard a song that really invokes the image of a good time like this one. like they say, love shack, that's where it's at. it's that simple. the video is a piece of 80's gold too. http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8NhJNpQlsY

I'm telling ya, you bring your jukebox money and your penis to this place and you look like you're in for a good time. I like all the singers' voices too. not to mention a pretty fun guitar riff. I should maybe download other songs of theirs. this is the only one i know of.

haha i loved this song when i was like 5. I haven't heard it in forever either.:p I remember dancing around in the living room to this:D

the only other one i know is roam
  • Oh man, you gotta get the whole CD.
    Planet Claire!

haha,, one of the best bands help me clean the house. They never took themselves too seriously and just had a blast with their weirdness. Great live show, too. Sort of like the Flaming Lips meets The Rhonettes. :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

But if you want a real B-52's classic, you gotta go with Rock Lobster

just as fun, a real party anthem
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    'Private Idaho' makes me wanna shake and jump like a madman.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute