Velvet Revolver/Alice

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Saw the show last night in Scranton. fucking awesome. right down in the pit, five feet from the stage. Slash....in the Flesh....right there, top hat and all just wailing away. and Scott Wieland, who I had seen with STP from the nosebleeds once, really goes all out up there. he was great. and Alice in Chains was even better than them. William Duvall sounded real good and was really into it. some people would dismiss them because of a replacement singer but it's not like they kicked Layne out of the band and got someone else. life goes on. I almost caught Jerry's guitar pick...but instead I spilled my beer all over myself jumping to try to get it.

they didn't even open the lawn so there weren't many people there but the people who were there had a good time. check this show out if there's any tour dates left. there will plenty of tickets left.
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    I saw them thursday night in saratoga and it was in the top 3 live shows I've ever seen. 6 songs in they pull out a bunch of stools and a small drum set and played some slower STP, GNR and velvet songs, they even played some pink floyd at one point.

I almost caught a pick to, the new alice in chains singer tossed one that bounced right off my chest, my friend went into rows ahead of us searching and we found it. An excellent show.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yeah, I was at the Camden show and it sounds like I had almost the exact same experience as you. I was 2-3 people from the rail, and seeing Slash (and Jerry Cantrell too, for that matter) that close was incredible. I love those moments where these people who once seemed so superhuman are right there in front of you. Even though I'm more of a fan of VR than AiC, I think AiC's performance just barely edged out VR's. The music was just a little tighter. Great great night.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i was at the same show...great time. i couldn't believe it when they went into "gravedancer" which in my opinion is easily their greatest song yet was not the sort of song i expected them to take on live.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    saw them in ct, and just as all you said they were amazing. duvall really did great, i give him a ton of credit. if you close your eyes and just listen you may think it's layne! i couldn't believe the similarity! love hate love was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! as for vr, they were just a powerhouse. scott runs and dances around like a maniac, and slash, wow! they did the whole stool thing here, it worked well. i really dug the gnr and stp covers. they did it's so easy, mr. brownstone, patience, interstate love song, vasoline, and sex type thing. they also did wish you were here by pink floyrd. as far as their songs, they were performed perfectly.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    show at scranton was great. I was front and center. Mainly went for AIC. Jerry handed me a pick which is awesome. Didn't know much of VR's stuff other than the hits, but man Slash is one of the best guitarists out there, he really impressed me. Got a drum stick from VR too but gave that the girl I went with.

Gotta say though that the security guards there were d-bags, at least a few of them. 2 of the left side of the stage put every pick that didnt make it into the crowd into their pockets and said they didnt have any. Also afterwards they yelled at you to leave(which is normal) but it was so a few guards could go around with flashlights and grab more picks. Ridiculous.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    now you all have me excited for their Gorge show..........have 7th row, but I imagine I might make my way forward a bit. ;)