Paolo Nutini

letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Posts: 552
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone heard him? I got his album "These Streets" and I'm really impressed. He's a singer/songwriter type. Any thoughts?
There's a trapdoor in the sun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Freeking great album! I can't stop listening to it!
    I like being part of the few who have found this gem. But I think he'll get more popular very soon.:( ;)
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Surprised anyone on this board likes him tbh. No doubt he's a great singer, but i dont like his songs.
    I saw him before his album was out, i think he had just signed up to epic or something. The songs sounded good live, but the album versions seem very manufactured.. to me at least.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Rewind is a decent song. But him as a person i can't stand him. He's a jumped up little twat. He don't like girl fans approaching him as it upsets his girlfriend :rolleyes: He was also going to take a £3000 grant from our goverment to travel to the U.S (money thats for struggling bands trying to break through) where as bands like The Fratellis are paying thier own way. Him singing live i can only describe as a bad Bob Marley impression...and to top all that off he supports celtic. Not good lol
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    ...and to top all that off he supports celtic. Not good lol

Yet another reason to not like him then. :D
  • Rewind is a decent song. But him as a person i can't stand him. He's a jumped up little twat. He don't like girl fans approaching him as it upsets his girlfriend

I dunno, one man's stupidity is another man's integrity.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison