Rediscovering the Black Crowes

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited April 2008 in Other Music
For some reason many years ago I gave up on this band. While I owned and liked their first 4 albums I never truly absorbed them, and I think I sold them in a massive CD selloff for some cash or something. It always kinda nagged me that I walked away from them prematurely. After reading the super-positive reviews of the new album on here I decided that I would get it, but before that, I would get back into Amorica. I picked it up used for 3.99 (probably the same copy I sold 10 years ago). Forgot how awesome it was. I'll pick up Southern Harmony soon and then get War Paint in a few weeks. Just looked up to see if they were coming to Dallas, and luckily, they are. BUT for some reason they are playing a suburb food festival? It's called the Taste of Addison. Addison is a somewhat affluent northern suburb of Dallas. I hear it's a decent little festival, but was suprised that was their local gig with all of the fine venues available for them. Instead of getting them in a smokey club that they can really find their groove I'll just have to see them on some suburb city street with a bunch of suburban family types and a limited set. I hope they can get into it, this will be my first time to see them.

Forgive me Black Crowes, for betraying you. Will you take me back?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Usually when the Crowes play festivals its an all greatest hits set which is good but I'm sure they will be back on their own in a club or theater and they will mix it up more. The festival show might be a good warm up for you, by the time they come back around you'll have all their albums and will know all the songs.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    It is really funny to find this thread on here. I actually purchased Warpaint when it came out. I fell in love with this album. So last night I pulled all of my old cd's out of the garage and broke out the older albums. Wow....how could I stop listening to these guys? Even Chris's solo albums are great.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • tremortremor Posts: 37
    The Crowes are awesome the little that I know of them. I wish I was more into them too, I realize I'm probably missing out. Sounds like they have a pretty deep catalog, it would take a while to get into all of it.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    AMORICA is perfect from start to finish!!! One of my all time favorite albums...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    GO HERE NOW:

http://www.liveblackcrowes.com/

I have posted a lot about the Black Crowes on here. They are my 2nd favorite band besides PJ (and sometimes they are right up there). Just an outstanding live band. Southern Harmony -> Amorica -> Three Snakes and One Charm are a perfect trifecta.

Circles Down, I am going to that Taste of Addison show too. Don't worry though, they will be back to Dallas soon enough. I just saw them at the Palladium in October. They were at Billy Bob's just before that. And they were here a couple of times in 2006 as well. So I fully expect them to play a regular show too.

Warpaint kicks ass by the way.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13