An open letter of apology to Chris Cornell

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Chris, I would like to say that I'm sorry for prematurely declaring your voice to be dead. You put on an amazing show in Dallas last night and your voice was as strong as I have ever seen it, way stronger than it was in your Audioslave years. You did not puss out on the high notes and tackled them head on, hitting every one of them. Your setlist was full of songs that would not have been chosen by someone who could no longer sing. Loud Love was amazing. Thank you for quitting Audioslave and touring. Thank you for showing Dallas some love. You're the man. Love you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    who have waited for someone like you to come out and make this kind of statement..........I'm betting there's much more similar sentiment out there......

it's simply impossible to deny how good he is. But that's OUR opinion.......

anybody else have a change of mind AFTER seeing him live???
  • Wow! Well thank YOU for having an open enough mind to even GO see him in the first place.
    I'm glad you have finally gotten to see what the rest of us see in his amazing voice.
    I'm glad you had a great time.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Chris, I would like to say that I'm sorry for prematurely declaring your voice to be dead. You put on an amazing show in Dallas last night and your voice was as strong as I have ever seen it, way stronger than it was in your Audioslave years. You did not puss out on the high notes and tackled them head on, hitting every one of them. Your setlist was full of songs that would not have been chosen by someone who could no longer sing. Loud Love was amazing. Thank you for quitting Audioslave and touring. Thank you for showing Dallas some love. You're the man. Love you.

LOUD LOVE!?!? ... he's back :)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Right on circles down!! :D It's so true. He has NEVER sounded better. It's like we've been transported back to the early 90's. He is seriously nailing every single superhuman note!! :eek: It just makes ya feel SO damn proud and to have a naysayer step up and agree!? Wow! (((:D))) Toshie is right. We've been waiting for a comment like this. THANK YOU! I'm glad you had such an amazing experience. :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Setlist? Pleeeeaaase!? I think he played SA too, right? Hey Chris, come to Houston, it's been like 10 years, or since the Euphoria Morning tour.
  • Fuckin right dude. Cornell's voice is earth shaking again for the first time in a decade.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Amen to that, cirlces down.
  • cc10106 wrote:
    Setlist? Pleeeeaaase!? I think he played SA too, right? Hey Chris, come to Houston, it's been like 10 years, or since the Euphoria Morning tour.

Here this is from the CC board.

Here is the setlist in order:
    Spoonman
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Like A Stone
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Seasons
    Scar On The Sky *
    Can't Change Me *
    Redemption Song *
    Doesn't Remind Me *1/2
    You Know My Name
    Outshined
    Fell On Black Days
    Loud Love
    Sunshower
    Cochise
    Your Soul Today
    Hunger Strike
    Black Hole Sun
    Mission
    Jesus Christ Pose

*Just Chris Acoustic
    *1/2 Chris started it off acoustic, then the band joined in.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • You could probably search some of my older comments and find at least twice me declaring that, altough a long time diehard forever fan of his, that his voice was completely gone and destroyed and he was through except for the studio. Saw him once with AS and at the PJ Santa Barbara show when they did the Temple songs. Throw in the AS Cuba DVD and who wouldn't come to the conclusion he was done? He must have done some therapy on it because NO LIE it has fully recuperated. Go see him if you can.

Yeah, Loud Love was insanely good. The best part it that was the song I was really really into for the two days before the show, having no idea it would be played, just grooving on some old SG.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Thanks for the deets on the setlist! I'll admite it's kind of weird looking at it and not recognizing many of the songs, but I didn't listen to Audioslave after the 1st album, or know any of his new solo stuff, so go figure.

Rusty Cage --> Seasons......you can't be serious
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    "Gives me the butterflies" Knowing that he played that stuff and nailed it.
  • please chris, come back to australia, or i will have to fly over and see him... :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Who cares if his voice still is good...his solo stuff sucks, unless you´re a popgirl or a guy without balls.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    You could probably search some of my older comments and find at least twice me declaring that, altough a long time diehard forever fan of his, that his voice was completely gone and destroyed and he was through except for the studio. Saw him once with AS and at the PJ Santa Barbara show when they did the Temple songs. Throw in the AS Cuba DVD and who wouldn't come to the conclusion he was done? He must have done some therapy on it because NO LIE it has fully recuperated. Go see him if you can.

Yeah, Loud Love was insanely good. The best part it that was the song I was really really into for the two days before the show, having no idea it would be played, just grooving on some old SG.

The therapy he did on it was stop smoking and not being a booze bag. Two lessons mr. vedder should prescribe to.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    The therapy he did on it was stop smoking and not being a booze bag. Two lessons mr. vedder should prescribe to.

I was just about to start a thread about those exact sentiments, thinking that the drastic improvement in Cornell's voice should be enough to inspire all singers (Tom Waits and Mark Lanegan aside;)) to quit smoking.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chris kicks ass.
    the dude frickin rocks.
    sound garden and audioslave both.
    i'd like to see the garden of sound get back together.
    at least chris and guitar dude.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    lars wrote:
    Who cares if his voice still is good...his solo stuff sucks, unless you´re a popgirl or a guy without balls.

Dude my ballls have proven there worth both physically and metaphorically over the years, and Cornell's solo stuff rocks.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I hope Chris comes to Seattle soon.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Why are you apologizing to Cornell? He should be apologizing to you for becoming so cheesy.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    lars wrote:

Well, I'm not a "popgirl," my balls are amazingly big and "Euphoria Morning" is a great cd.

:D

So much for your theory.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    this makes me even more upset that i could not get a ticket to the show in NY at the irving plaza.

you know what's funny? if it was audioslave playing at the Irving Plaza i really would not have cared to go. But since his sweden acoustic performance and him leaving audioslave, i REALLY want to see him. especially with the kind of setlists that have been played.

i am so jealous of everyone that has seen him for this tour. anyone have any links to good quality bootlegs? :)
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    lephty wrote:
    . anyone have any links to good quality bootlegs? :)

bump...

I'm hoping for the same..?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • There is a bootleg from earlier this year up at either DAD or Youkan, can't remember which ...

Chris Cornell
    First Avenue
    Minneapolis, MN
    April 8th, 2007 (Easter)

Source:
    Core Sound Stealthy Cardioids > M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96(@24/48)
    Dissemination:
    USB > WAV > Wavelab > FLAC

by Crazyafroman and Bob 20' in front of stacks
    *These tracks are 24bit files
    *Please do not sell this recording
    *Do not convert to lossy formats (mp3) except for personal use > do not share
    *Support your live music scene

Setlist:
    DISC.ONE
    1. Intro
    2. Spoonman [SOUNDGARDEN]
    3. Outshined [SOUNDGARDEN]
    4. Hunger Strike [TEMPLE OF THE DOG]
    5. Like a Stone [AUDIOSLAVE]
    6. No Such Thing [CHRIS CORNELL]
    7. Zero Chance [SOUNDGARDEN]
    8. Burden In My Hand [SOUNDGARDEN]
    9. Pretty Nooose [SOUNDGARDEN]
    10. Seasons [CHRIS CORNELL] [ACOUSTIC]
    11. Call Me a Dog [TEMPLE OF THE DOG] [ACOUSTIC] /
    Doesn't Remind Me [AUDIOSLAVE] [SEMI-ACOUSTIC]
    12. What You Are [AUDIOSLAVE]
    13. Poison Eye [CHRIS CORNELL]
    14. Billie Jean [MICHEAL JACKSON]
    15. Rusty Cage [SOUNDGARDEN]

DISC.TWO
    1. Encore Break
    2. Wide Awake [ACOUSTIC]
    3. Black Hole Sun [SOUNDGARDEN] [SEMI-ACOUSTIC]
    4. Arms Around Your Love [CHRIS CORNELL]
    5. Jesus Christ Pose [SOUNDGARDEN]

Thanks to Bob for takin over the mics for the 2nd set!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?