A cool little Nirvana story / video

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Tonight on the local sports talk radio station they were going over an event that happened 15 years ago here in Dallas. Nirvana had just blown up and they had already booked a gig at the small but reputable and legendary Deep Ellum club known as Trees. The link below will take you to a video of what happened that night, and it has captions telling the story. Basically Kurt was doped up that night and was having little patience with the insane crowd as the event staff was having little patience with the insane prima donna singer. It's a cool little vid, I didn't know that Trees just closed, but it was a great, great venue. Check it out. Scroll down a little bit for the story, it's titled "Smells like 15 years later." The station talking about it was 1310 The Ticket. They talk music quite frequently. There was a brief PJ mention at the beginning of the story, they had played to about 12 people at the same club just before their explosion.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/blogs/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    uh-oh they slam PJ in the Trees article

"to recall the night Pearl Jam played to a couple dozen folks; I thought they sucked even back then and walked out three songs into the set, which I will never regret"

OUCH ;)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    wow. It looks like kurt cracked that guy in the head for no apparent reason. At first I thought it looked like the guy was pushing kurt back into the crowd. But, I think the guy was just trying to keep the crowd from getting on stage. I can't really tell.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Full bottle of cough medicine, he could still play guitar :D That was quality thanks for sharing
  • sponger wrote:
    wow. It looks like kurt cracked that guy in the head for no apparent reason. At first I thought it looked like the guy was pushing kurt back into the crowd. But, I think the guy was just trying to keep the crowd from getting on stage. I can't really tell.

looks to me like he pulled kurts hair to try to get him back on stage and that's what set kurt off.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"