Options

Stadium Arcadium

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited May 2006 in Other Music
So I got this today at lunch, and have only listened to it while driving back to the office, and at my desk the remainder of the day. Basically, not able to really listen to it due to work distractions. But I can already say that it is a great record. I can feel the BloodSugarSexMagic vibe (they recorded in the same house). Frusciante is on fire on this, standouts so far are Storm in a Teacup and Readymade. It's cool how the Chilis are instantly accessible, it doesn't take two weeks for their stuff to set in. Its great so far. 2nd disc is anyway. Just my early thoughts.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    cool... i hope the album is alot better than "dani california". I really don't think that track is anything great. Any reviews would be great.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    Totally agree with You circles down. Really enjoying this one right away. John Frusciante is a genious guitarist.
  • Options
    blkfireblkfire Posts: 7
    It is a good album.

Lyrics are not that great but everything mixes together really well.

Can't wait to see 'em live
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I got sick of Dani California pretty fast cause its on MTV non fucking stop.

I got the album yesterday. Havent heard it all the way through yet but from what ive heard its pretty good. As the rest of you have said, Frusciante stand out.
  • Options
    It's good... but could be better. Jupiter is pretty good, mars is WEAK. Although Frusciante has come out of his shell a bit and starting to sound more like Neil Young (messy but clever)
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    it's amazing how the first single of most albums gets such backlash...i thought,and still think that dani california is great.what's the problem?
  • Options
    mol.cameronmol.cameron Posts: 94
    i have only listened to bits and pieces, but im not impressed. Especially with 'dani california' which is way too mainstream, and the video frustrates me. Since californication they have become to complacent. stil going to see them live though!
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Great record. Lyrics aren't deep or anything but alot of great songwriting. I can't wait to hear some of this stuff live.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    fractusfractus Posts: 67
    I am going to pick this up today. Forgot about it yesterday, I was too busy buying 'Munich'. I listened to some snipets on the web and it sounds pretty good. Sounds more like Californication than By the Way. I loved By the Way.
    An alien at home behind the sun
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    My "copy" just arrived at my desk. I probably will listen to it on the way home from work.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    i just picked it up today and have been listening to it straight though and i can't say i have any complaints! all the songs seem to be easily digestable, whether or not that means i will get sick of it sooner i'll have to see but i'll give it two thumbs up for now.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I got it yesterday as well. I have only listened to it completely once at work. So far Especially in Michigan stands out for me. I need to listen some more but it is difficult when I have the new Pearl Jam. I agree though it is a good album and I would like to see them live this tour.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    CousinEddyCousinEddy Posts: 7
    more or less i think its horrible. it sounds like their late 80's wanna be george clinton grap. i was so bummed out that their sound has regressed since "by the way"
  • Options
    Weird. I find it to be a perfect progression. It's not at all sloppy or fake funk. It's got plenty of mid tempo songs and some funk to it. I love it.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't heard the whole thing yet but I'm in the process.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Just finished up disc 1 (Jupiter) and I'm not that impressed. It kinda drags for me. Hoping disc 2 is better but I heard that Jupiter is the strong one. If so, I'm not really digging this.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    most bands cant make one great cd these days. The chili peppers made two. This cd is awesome. Go buy it if you havent already and enjoy!
  • Options
    XiangXiang Posts: 73
    Not bad so far. I don't hear the BSSM vibe to it like some have claimed. I hear more of a Californication sound to it. Dani California is so much better when heard loud on earplugs...
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    great album...i dont think i can point it to any one album, but there is definately stuff i could hear on californication, by the way, or bssm. i like to hear the funk back in the music so prominently. i think it easily kills their first 3 albums, is probably better than ohm, and possibly better than mothers milk and californication
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    i've only listened to the first (jupiter) disc and i can say i like it so far. slow cheetah and torture me are my favs so far.

hump de bump...not so much.
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    JSBE wrote:

hump de bump...not so much.

I thought this song was crap the first time I heard it but it's really growing on me. Give it a few more listens. Love the fact that they bring out the horns in a few of these songs.
  • Options
    I've heard everybody likes the first disc best. Weird, I like the second a lot better.
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    To be honest, I was really quite impressed with the new Chili Peppers!!! Granted, the new Pearl Jam blows it out of the water, but it's still awesome!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee