English Girls approximately

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Great ryan adams song...what do you think????
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• definitely. that whole record, Love Is Hell, is amazing.

one of his best.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Yea has got to be one of my favorites but he has soo many great songs.

3 of my favorite are:

1.chin up, cheer up
    2.twenty nine
    3.Rosalie Come And Go

But i'm sure they change just about every day.

If you haven't had the chance to listen to his material please do yourself a favor and do so. You won't regret it.

What are some your guys favorite songs by him?

Everything i hear from him i end up liking after a few listens.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • So many greats. Voices is probably one of the greatest songs ever.
    Seeing him for the first time on saturday, then with willie nelson and neko case on sunday. can't wait.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • How many people you think have ripped off (i use the term lightly) Dylan song titles?

Think about it... it's a massive movement..

haven't heard the song, but I was intruiged by the Dylan allusion :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • La Cienda Just Smiled is a great song.

The Hardest Part

Friends

So Alive

...........and everything else.

I heard Ryan is all fucked up on hard drugs these days. Hope that's not true
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!

English girls are pretty when they play guitar ;)

Come on Elizabeth, come on a Bethany
    Come on forever, I'm tired and I want to sleep :)

Ryan Adams is FANTASTIC! i'm seeing him this friday and i can't wait! i am in awe of his talent. that being said, i hear he is sometimes a loose cannon in concert. i hope he behaves when i see him.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • How many people you think have ripped off (i use the term lightly) Dylan song titles?

Probably as many people as writings Dylan has stole lyrics from. :)
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • PJammin' wrote:
    that being said, i hear he is sometimes a loose cannon in concert. i hope he behaves when i see him.

Word is that he's clean, relatively sober, and amazingly focused onstage (for him) this tour.
    In the bad news section, Kat left the Cardinals a week or two ago. No word on why but it appears from a late-night post by Ryan to the ryanadams.org board (which was removed soon after) he wasn't too happy about it.
    The tour will continue with a replacement bassist (name escapes me), but I doubt he can compete with Kat's beautiful backup vox.
  • hailhail82 wrote:
    Word is that he's clean, relatively sober, and amazingly focused onstage (for him) this tour.
    In the bad news section, Kat left the Cardinals a week or two ago. No word on why but it appears from a late-night post by Ryan to the ryanadams.org board (which was removed soon after) he wasn't too happy about it.
    The tour will continue with a replacement bassist (name escapes me), but I doubt he can compete with Kat's beautiful backup vox.

ryan posted a few days ago that Kat wasn't even singing back up anymore. I think he let her go. He seemed somewhat pissed off that she was apparently just getting by by mouthing the words.

ryans been clean for 4 months, or so he said on his board. He quit drinking and all that. he looks and sounds really good.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    ryan posted a few days ago that Kat wasn't even singing back up anymore. I think he let her go. He seemed somewhat pissed off that she was apparently just getting by by mouthing the words.

Please don't tell me Ryan is turning into an Axl Rose like control freak. I saw them over the summer with Kat and i thought she was amazing along with the whole band.

Yea there is huge diffrence from last years tour. He was great both times but the show just seemed to have more energy and was more on key this year.
  • Seeing him for the first time on saturday, then with willie nelson and neko case on sunday. can't wait.
    Where is he playing with Willie and Neko?? Holy cow, that's a dream bill.

He was in great form at Lolla - best I've ever seen him. Almost half the set was covers - the Dead, Gram Parsons, Sonic Youth. Amazing.

I totally thought Kat was annoying - don't recall if she actually sang backup or not, but she kept talking over him, and I was like, hush.

If you like Ryan Adams you'll probably also like Ray LaMontagne...
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    The entire Love Is Hell album is AWESOME. English Girls Approx. is such a fun song. :)

Ryan Adams is a genius. He can misbehave all he wants. ;) His voice is mesmerizing and his lyrical ability is absolute brilliance. It's great that he's straightening up. I'd hate to see him go down like so many other great artists have due to drugs/alcohol/depression.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    earth girls are easy.
  • hailhail82 wrote:
    Probably as many people as writings Dylan has stole lyrics from. :)
    oh but by sheer volume I think Bob is likely to end up on top of the 'ripped off' list...

but really i haven't heard a dylan allusion or 'borrowed' line that i didn't think was done respectfully.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    How many people you think have ripped off (i use the term lightly) Dylan song titles?

Every band out there has their influences. To me most of what ryan puts out sounds like his own. Thats one of the reason why i like him so much.
  • Some of my favorites

Dance All Night
    If I Am a Stranger
    Gimme A Sign
    Firecracker
    I See Monsters
    Nuclear

I could get going but I won't
    "Alcoholism is a disease. But it's, like, the only disease you can get yelled at for havin'. Damnit, Otto! You're an alcoholic! Damnit, Otto, you have LUPUS!"
    Mitch Hedberg (RIP)