Options

Godsmack is terrible

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I admit i had the first cd with "keep Away" on it and other assorted gems. And i thought it was a good cd...but everything else theyve done is complete shit. Same Heavy distorted Guitars with the same vocal delivery.
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KryptosKryptos Posts: 34
    Agreed...they blow huge donkey balls. I've had the displeasure of seeing them live and lemme tell you it was the worst show I've ever seen...and I've seen A LOT of bands live. They like to turn the volume up on their guitars so loud you can't hear what they're playing cuz all you hear is feedback. Awful band.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I think you guy's are being a bit harsh, but they're definitely not great

I like them, but would'nt really care if they broke up or never recorded again

I actually had a guy I work with trying to tell me the other day that they were the best band out there

I told him they were ok , but nothing more than a second rate Alice in Chains Tribute band

He responded with " Alice in Chains " were ok, but Godsmack blows them away

I walked away from the conversation at that point
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    ALice In Chains isn't awesome, but they and pretty much every other band ever are better than godsmack
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    agreed, i saw them in concert once (opened for metallica) and i ended up walking around the arena during much of their set because i couldn't stand it. that's the only time i've ever done that and i've seen plenty of shit
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    miller8966 wrote:
    I admit i had the first cd with "keep Away" on it and other assorted gems. And i thought it was a good cd...but everything else theyve done is complete shit. Same Heavy distorted Guitars with the same vocal delivery.

same with me, I thought the first album was ok but that's it. I've seen them live a couple of times, once back in 2001 at Jones Beach and actually had a good time(Deftones was the main reason of my asistance) and then I saw them opening for Metallica in 2004 but they already had lost me by that time.
    speaking as a child of the 90's