The new tool album

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited August 2006 in Other Music
i thin kthe 2nd song on it is awesome...i m ean fucking awesome. But the rest of the album is pretty much shit. Am i correct in my conclusion?
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• corycory Posts: 736
    I like tracks 1,2,4,5,8, and 10. 8 or Rosetta Stoned is a real good song once you d/l the lyrics to help you understand it. All in all, I grew to like it a lot.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I think it is a pretty shitty as a whole.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Echoes wrote:
    I think it is a pretty shitty as a whole.

agree.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • miller8966 wrote:
    i thin kthe 2nd song on it is awesome...i m ean fucking awesome. But the rest of the album is pretty much shit. Am i correct in my conclusion?

no.

the whole album's good, but track 2 is the weakest song. How can you only like the track where Adam Jones sits on one note for the entire song? You are bizzarre!
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    no.

the whole album's good, but track 2 is the weakest song. How can you only like the track where Adam Jones sits on one note for the entire song? You are bizzarre!

yawn.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • no.

Personally, I lthink Jambi (2nd song) is uber. At first listen, I did not like much off this album, and switched back to the new PJ. But, every time I listen to it, I love it more.

When I listened to wings p2 - 10000 days (#4) a few times, it really started to blow my mind. Now, after really getting into that song, I love the whole album. I guess I see it through opened eyes now.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Rosetta Stoned= Maynard on acid

---well besides that, wow. An amazing album. Really wanna see them live. Hopefully I'll catch the NJ show.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I'm going to see them in New Hampshire in October. Can't wait!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    saw them last night and it was pretty cool, not as super awesome as I was hoping but cool nonetheless, the new songs kick ass live they didn't play enough of them though.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    i love it....its my second fav tool album (with 'Lateralus' as #1)
  • I just bought it!! is good, but not great, I'm a fan of Maynard's voice :D
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • BUENA wrote:
    yawn.

Yawn? I'm not even sure that's relevant to what I said. Did you think I was going for action packed?
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    OK, i used to be a huge Tool fan. In fact the show I saw in NC 2000 (2001, maybe?) was almost as good as a PJ show, but I havent listened to this album yet, just the song on the radio. Am I wrong in assuming tool has lost it, or should i hear the rest of the album. I liked Lateralus, but it didnt have that undertow punch. Is this album more of the lateralus seven minute opus droning horseplop. Let me know so i can rest easy with not having heard it.
  • artjam wrote:
    OK, i used to be a huge Tool fan. In fact the show I saw in NC 2000 (2001, maybe?) was almost as good as a PJ show, but I havent listened to this album yet, just the song on the radio. Am I wrong in assuming tool has lost it, or should i hear the rest of the album. I liked Lateralus, but it didnt have that undertow punch. Is this album more of the lateralus seven minute opus droning horseplop. Let me know so i can rest easy with not having heard it.

there are some good songs on the album. i really think 'the pot' is one of their best songs, vicarious (the song you have already heard) is really solid, and i like jambi (the 2nd song) as well. 10,000 days and wings for mary are really beautiful songs. not to big a fan of the second half of the album, its pretty experimental, but alot of people like rosetta stoned, which is over 11mins long.

get the album, make up your own mind, oh and make sure you look thru the booklet while listening to it for the first time, really adds to the expierence.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • i think its pretty good. its no lateralus, but its good.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    there's not much to dig your teeth into here... there are really only 5 songs, vicarious, jambi, wings, the pot, right in two... the rest is pretty much filler.

that said, jambi and right in two are pure gold, the later in particular blows me away, it reminds me of third eye, and that's saying a hell of alot.

can't wait to see them in aus next year, but i must say it's kind of concerning and maybe a bit dissapointing that 10000 days seems to be lateralus part two, almost the lateralus b-sides
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Although my interest in Tool is on the downfall (mostly due to their scalping ventures with ticketmaster), 10,000 Days is far superior to anything anyone's really put out this year. Pearl Jam's self-title isn't even comparable in my opinion. Tool is not for everyone, but if you say "10,000 Days is mostly shit", I really can't see where you're coming from. That's an extremely well-crafted album.
  • artjam wrote:

I'd say if you're looking for Undertow, then you probably won't like the album. You would like The Pot though. That is very Undertowish. But the rest of the album is in the opposite direction.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    No...... jambi is no where near as good as vicarious, the pot, wings pts one and two, right in two. Its not their best but it pisses all over most current music. Fact!
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"