Options

Ryan Adams- Sweet illusions

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Honestly this is an amazing song..anyone else like it?
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    miller8966 wrote:
    Honestly this is an amazing song..anyone else like it?

hell yeah.

I love ryan adams.

cold roses is a great summer album.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    StoneG82 wrote:
    hell yeah.

I love ryan adams.

Yea i need to find a summer album...i havent had one since highschool.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah I love that song, also like Magnolia Mountain on that album.
  • Options
    Cold Roses is my fav. Ryan album, and my favorite album of 2005 overall. Sweet Illusions is just one of many great tunes on there. My favs. from CR are Magnolia Mountain and Life is Beautiful.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i don't think there's anything ryan adams has done that has disappointed me. even at his least best he's streets ahead of many people.
    from cold roses i like 'easy plateau', 'magnolia mountain','beautiful sorta' and 'let it ride' best.

his version of 'wonderwall' is just perfect. i love that song anyway, but ryan makes me love it two times.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    How Do You Keep Love Alive from Disk 1.

Life Is Beautiful Disk 2.

Off of 29 three more amazing tunes from this year, Night Birds, Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part, and Voices.

The man just keeps churning them out.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • Options
    Let It Ride is the best song ever

i seriously can not play that song enough...i'm totally adddicated
  • Options
    If I am a Stranger is probably the greatest song ever.

ever.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    How Do You Keep Love Alive from Disk 1.
    oh man, incredible. that and Let it Ride are my favs off that disc. f'ing wonderful artist.
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    StoneG82 wrote:
    hell yeah.

I love ryan adams.

Great call, it is definitely a great summer album. Hell its just a great album to ride with, regardless of the weather.
  • Options
    "Life is Beautiful"

that whole record is a masterpiece. I don't get what all the hate is about.

It's my perfect summer record.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    this entire album is unbelievable. love 'jacksonville...' as well. two incredible albums in the same year.

he ALMOST had three ('29'), but not quite. i guess i was hoping for a trilogy with the Cardinals.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    Off of 29 three more amazing tunes from this year, Night Birds, Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part, and Voices.

my fave from 29 is 'the sadness.'

also, an unbelievable song called "what sin replaces love," an incredible b-side from 'jacksonville...' sessions. do yourself a favor and locate this 9-minute classic.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Cold Roses is amazing. My favorite album of 2005. Just has an awesome feel to it. It amazes me that Ryan Adams doesn't get more props for his work. In my opinion he is the most talented song writer out there today.

The only issue i see with him is that he is hit or miss in concert. I saw him at the electric factory in philly last year and it probaly was the worst concert i ever saw. He stormed off stage drunk and pissed off and was fighting with the audince the whole time. Then i saw him about 2 weeks later at starland ballroom and it probaly was one of the top 3 shows i saw EVER.

Favorite songs from Cold Roses:

Mockingbird
    Cold Roses
    Easy Plateau
    Let It Ride
    Dance All Night
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    Keller wrote:
    Cold Roses is amazing. My favorite album of 2005. Just has an awesome feel to it. It amazes me that Ryan Adams doesn't get more props for his work. In my opinion he is the best most talented song writer out there today.

The only issue i see with him is that he is hit or miss in concert. I saw him at the electric factory in philly last year and it probaly was the worst concert i ever saw. He stormed off stage drunk and pissed off and was fighting with the audince the whole time. Then i saw him about 2 weeks later at starland ballroom and it probaly was one of the top 3 shows i saw EVER.

Favorite songs from Cold Roses:

Mockingbird
    Cold Roses
    Easy Plateau
    Let It Ride
    Dance All Night

I agree with the live comment. although watching ryan make a spectacle of himself is pretty entertaining.
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Sweet Illusions is my favorite song on Cold Roses so I feel ya.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    StoneG82 wrote:
    I agree with the live comment. although watching ryan make a spectacle of himself is pretty entertaining.

Do you know when the next tour will be?

And if there is any recordings out there from the starland ballroom show from last summer?
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"