Options

Conor Oberst vs Ryan Adams

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
edited April 2006 in Other Music
You pick? I gotta go with Ryan Adams

Conor has better lyrics but shittier songs.
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Connor Oberst
  • Options
    I'm going to go with Ryan on this one, even though I like Bright Eyes. But I love Ryan Adams. I don't know why, but I just like Ryan more.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    oh god. no comparison.

Ryan is one of the best songwriters out there today.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    pearlmuttpearlmutt Posts: 392
    ryan adams -- he is classic to me, an instant classic.

i really like bright eyes but sometimes i wonder if in a different decade or time would the music would be as good. i think the music of bright eyes is some of if not the most relevant out there, but i think ryan adams is timeless.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Conor. "Let's Not Shit Ourselves" easily tops anything I have ever heard from Adams.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    pearlmutt wrote:
    ryan adams -- he is classic to me, an instant classic.

i really like bright eyes but sometimes i wonder if in a different decade or time would the music would be as good. i think the music of bright eyes is some of if not the most relevant out there, but i think ryan adams is timeless.

I agree with all of the above minus the liking bright eyes part.

Ryan Adams is great.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well i like bright eyes conner is cool.

I like Ryan better though.

This probably sounds bad but conner seems like he whines too much about shit.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    neither.....
  • Options
    Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    Ryan Adams by far

"Come Pick Me Up" is much better than anything that Conor Oberst has written, even though I quite enjoy bright eyes as well