Prince sounded terrible

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited February 2007 in Other Music
yea its true he did...
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    you are retarted...that was the best performance live ive seen in a long time!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    its always neat to be the first to say something.. but i highly doubt you're gonna get a lot of support on this one
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    bharQ wrote:
    its always neat to be the first to say something.. but i highly doubt you're gonna get a lot of support on this one

you can always tell an asshole with a Signature like that..lol

God bless the USA and no place else.
  • macgyver06 wrote:
    you are retarted

Pot calling the kettle black.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Actually, his guitar was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too loud but, it was still a good performance.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    macgyver06 wrote:
    you are retarted...that was the best performance live ive seen in a long time!

agreed!

As someone who can be very jaded about these performances, I thought Prince was awesome..

His segue of "All along the Watchtower" (Dylan cover) >>> "The Best of You" (Foo Fighters cover) was amazing...

And he is a stellar guitar player as well..

He held nothing back.. I respect that..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    miller8966 wrote:
    yea its true he did...
    I agree.........never have been a fan.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I found it on youtube (just type in prince halftime and the numbers 1,2,3 or 4) and thought it was good. I liked Watchtower into Best of You. Very talented artist!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Sawyer wrote:
    he is in the top ten musical talents ever.......up there with hendrix, freddie mercury, and paul mccartney.

I strongly disagree.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    I strongly disagree.

I'm with you buddy, there's now way Prince and Jimmy Hendrix should be on the top ten musical acts of all time.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    with his extensive catalog i found the FOO cover an odd choice.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Prince is a musical genius.

His performance last night showed his versatility and the producers of the show deserve every bit as much credit as he.

I thought it was phenomenal--the best Super Bowl halftime show in many years.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    Sawyer wrote:
    he is in the top ten musical talents ever.......up there with hendrix, freddie mercury, and paul mccartney.
    paul? PAUL? he's not even the most talented beatle, let alone one of the top ten musical talents of all time.
    rhinomagic wrote:

His performance last night showed his versatility and the producers of the show deserve every bit as much credit as he.

best since U2 in 2001.. agreed!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • the foo song puzzled me too...then again, i'm not that big a fan of it...its catchy, but its the exact same shit for over 4 minutes. I liked it the first time i heard it. At least with prince he didn't repeat it forever

who else like the curtain effect though?
    Something never thought you'd be part of
    the foo song puzzled me too...then again, i'm not that big a fan of it...its catchy, but its the exact same shit for over 4 minutes. I liked it the first time i heard it. At least with prince he didn't repeat it forever

I did...

pretty inventive...I must admit..

it was all a rock and roll show...

no crappy lip syncing...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • the foo song puzzled me too...then again, i'm not that big a fan of it...its catchy, but its the exact same shit for over 4 minutes. I liked it the first time i heard it. At least with prince he didn't repeat it forever

the curtain was great
    he's got crazy guitar skills
    Purple Rain was....sweeeeet;)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • locked wrote:
    I did...

pretty inventive...I must admit..

it was all a rock and roll show...

no crappy lip syncing...

Unless you believe the wise ass who actually thought he wasn't actually playing guitar lmao, I still can't get over that.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    macgyver06 wrote:
    you can always tell an asshole with a Signature like that..lol

God bless the USA and no place else.

No shit lol.. fuckin wanker
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    I enjoyed it....especially considering the rain....on the plus side the rain did give it a sort of epic feel.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Unless you believe the wise ass who actually thought he wasn't actually playing guitar lmao, I still can't get over that.
    Nevermind... not worth it....

I acknowledged I may have been wrong, so take it for what it's worth....
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I thought Prince was awesome at the SuperBowl. His guitar was mixed a little too loud at certain points, but his solos were great. He is SUCH a good guitar player. His influence is felt throughout pop music to this day. One of the most influential artists of his generation. He has mastery off all musical instruments except woodwinds and strings. Not to shabby...

I read somehwere that he had released the Watchtower/Best of You song through iTunes this past Friday.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    Prince sounded good. I'm not a prince fan and when he came on my brother and I looked at each other and both started dogging on Prince and saying how much he sucked. When it was over we both agree'd it was good. I heard that the Foo Fighters do a Prince cover so the Foo Fighters cover was probably out of mutual respect. His symbol guitar was a little out of tune but overall I was very impressed and I didnt expect to like it but I did. He won me over.
    Be excellent to each other
  • i have never been a huge fan, but he sounded great last night , il oved the FOo cover , and i must admit he is fucking great on the guitar
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Prince was amazing. It almost seemed like the gods had blessed his performance... It's like it fucking rained JUST FOR PRINCE to play Purple Rain.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    bharQ wrote:
    No shit lol.. fuckin wanker

Prince was good...calling someone a wanker because they disliked Prince and because they have God Bless America in their sig is childish and stupid. No shit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Sawyer wrote:

lol
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    rhinomagic wrote:

I personally think that his level of musical genius is debatable, but each to their own.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    I personally think that his level of musical genius is debatable, but each to their own.
    Yeah I wouldn't call him a genious but he's a hell of a performer.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    A. His guitar playign was terrible. Ive heard him when hes on and HE'S ON...but last night he wasnt.

b. His singing was atrocious.

c. Covering the foo fighters...come on man. I liked the watchtower part, but covering the best of you?
    America...the greatest Country in the world.