Best Morrison album?

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited February 2007 in Other Music
And no, not that fat drugged out loser jim....Im talking about Van Baby!

Astral weeks hands down.
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 1 Astral Weeks
    2 St Dominic's Preview
    3 It's Too Late To Stop Now
    4 Veedon Fleece
    5 Moondance

I like Hard Nose The High Way, too. That'd be my number 6.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    1 Astral Weeks
    2 St Dominic's Preview
    3 It's Too Late To Stop Now
    4 Veedon Fleece
    5 Moondance

I like Hard Nose The High Way, too. That'd be my number 6.

whats on st dominics preview?
  • 1. "Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)" – 2:56
    2. "Gypsy" – 4:35
    3. "I Will Be There" – 3:03
    4. "Listen To The Lion" – 11:08
    5. "Saint Dominic's Preview" – 6:30
    6. "Redwood Tree" – 3:01
    7. "Almost Independence Day" – 10:03

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Dominic's_Preview
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    miller8966 wrote:

Astral weeks hands down.

Astral weeks as well. Also, Van Morrison is fatter than Jim Morrison ever was.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Sathogwa wrote:
    Astral weeks as well. Also, Van Morrison is fatter than Jim Morrison ever was.
    and was a fan of jim himself. they were drinking buddies. apparently they thought they must have been related.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    miller8966 wrote:

Astral weeks hands down.

I must say miller that this had me laughing quite audible at work when I read it. I dig all the music Van de Man puts out. Hell I even dug the "country" album he released a couple of years ago. One of those artists that you can drop the needle or now a days put the disc on and not worry about skipping any tunes with any album.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Astral Weeks for me :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    even flow? wrote:
    I must say miller that this had me laughing quite audible at work when I read it. I dig all the music Van de Man puts out. Hell I even dug the "country" album he released a couple of years ago. One of those artists that you can drop the needle or now a days put the disc on and not worry about skipping any tunes with any album.

Ive just recently started digging into van morrison. And i cant stop listening to Astral weeks and tupelo honey
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    and was a fan of jim himself. they were drinking buddies. apparently they thought they must have been related.

That is true
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Astral Weeks no doubt.

Back On Top I found to be a poor excuse for an album, but the last track, Golden Autumn Day is one of my favourite Van songs. I'd avoid anything he put out in the nineties though. Days Like This and Too Long In Exile are not particularly inspiring, in my opinion.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Astral Weeks all the way! Also St. Dominic's Preview and Moondance rank right up there. Honestly the Man can do no wrong. I get to see him live for my first time ever in a few weeks. Can't wait!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Always liked "Too Long in Exile". Saw him about 6 years ago at the Swindon sports centre. Strange venue but great show.
  • is he really that good? I never got the big deal about him. Both dylan and eddie vedder in that interview with tim robbins said they were fans, I just dont know what they like about the guy. I mean is Brown Eyed Girl really that good of a song?
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    is he really that good? I never got the big deal about him. Both dylan and eddie vedder in that interview with tim robbins said they were fans, I just dont know what they like about the guy. I mean is Brown Eyed Girl really that good of a song?

Brown Eyed Girl IS that good of a song but it's just the very tip of a gigantic iceberg that is made up of amazing songs, albums and live performances. If you ever decide to start listening to him, he'll just suck you in and there's no coming back. Van is the Man!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Might i reccomend the double disc value live at montreaux jazz festival dvd

and - A Period of Transisition'

Van has a double cd where every song is pure shit to get out of a record comapnay contract, i mean fuck you type shit, check it out!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the point is moot.

there are none.