Options

My Recent Guilty Pleasure - Sheryl Crow

allornoneallornone Posts: 269
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I picked up a used copy of "Tuesday Night Music Club" last week for my wife; she lost her original CD and wanted another copy of it. Since then, I've been listening to it more than she has. It's not a bad CD; I just don't like the songs that get overplayed on the radio. I can't believe I actually liked this, but the music isn't all that bad. Anyone else a Sheryl Crow fan, or is it just me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    allornone wrote:
    I picked up a used copy of "Tuesday Night Music Club" last week for my wife; she lost her original CD and wanted another copy of it. Since then, I've been listening to it more than she has. It's not a bad CD; I just don't like the songs that get overplayed on the radio. I can't believe I actually liked this, but the music isn't all that bad. Anyone else a Sheryl Crow fan, or is it just me?

Nothing wrong with that at all... good album :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    I heard "Strong Enough" on the radio last week for the first time in years, and I was shocked by how bad her voice sounds. She's really improved vocally over the years.
  • Options
    her older stuff is great those first two albums are quality pop/rock.
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    Tuesday Night Music Club is a good album in my book.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    Her second (Sheryl Crow) and third (Globe Sessions) are excellent. Since then she's been watered down and lame.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Her second (Sheryl Crow) and third (Globe Sessions) are excellent. Since then she's been watered down and lame.

yeah when i first heard soak up the sun i thought she had done a song with sugar ray.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    JWBusher wrote:

Good observation. Her involvement with Dixie Chicks has been enjoyable, though.

I respect her music for the fact that she seems really tied-in to its folk and country roots.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Roll ModelRoll Model Posts: 70
    yeah when i first heard soak up the sun i thought she had done a song with sugar ray.
    hahahaha totally!

but yea, the only sheryl crow album i've owned is tuesday night music club, i've loved it since it was new. esp. I Can't Cry Anymore