Options

Anyone else mad about the RHCP cataloge on iTunes?

allornoneallornone Posts: 269
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Tuesday, the Red Hot Chili Peppers put their entire cataloge on iTunes, and each album comes with extra tracks that were not previously released. The samples of the tracks sound pretty cool, but in order to get the bonus tracks, you have to download the whole CD. You can't download the bonus tracks by themselves.

I think that is a bunch of crappy poop. I already have all their CD's and don't think it is fair to have to pay another $13 per CD if I wanted to own the bonus tracks. Thanks RHCP for sticking it to your longtime fans.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I love how they released 20 seconds of their new song coming out soon with an album in May.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Yea, its kind of lame of them to only allow you to get the songs by purchasing the entire album again. But its pretty cool that they are getting the songs out there. And you also know, that they'll be on the internet for downloading in no time, so don't be too upset. Just be happy that you'll hear them eventually at all.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I think its lame as shit but I'll blame Warner Bros. and not the band itself. In another month I'll have a new double album anyway so I'm not sweating some throwaways and I'm certainly not buying the album again.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    people still care for this band ?

im gonna check out stadium, but it had better be light years better than by the way to get me into them again...

Sikimaniko is their best non album track from the plasmashaft EP
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    culot4 wrote:
    I think its lame as shit but I'll blame Warner Bros. and not the band itself. In another month I'll have a new double album anyway so I'm not sweating some throwaways and I'm certainly not buying the album again.

I don;t know the peppers strike me as something closer to U2 then PJ what I mean is I wouldn't put this by them
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I don;t know the peppers strike me as something closer to U2 then PJ what I mean is I wouldn't put this by them

I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because the timing of the whole thing is what is disturbing. All of a sudden they have these new songs when they're on the verge of releasing their most ambitious project to date. Its been four years, the fans are thirsty now. Why couldn't they do this two years ago. Its shady as hell, I realize that.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    As much as I do like them, I was disappointed that you have to re-buy the old albums to get the extra tracks. It wasn't cool of them. Its not like they don't have enough money. But as someone else said, I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt, that it wasn't their doing, but their record company's.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    It could be a deal that they worked out with Apple too.

If you're a real fan, you will sell one of your kidney's to get the extra songs. And if you only have one kidney, you will steal someone else's kidney.

lol
  • Options
    bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    cant u just look for em on limewire or another downloading site, for free?.....

and when is the new RHCP album coming out? is it gonna be a double (i think i heard it might be, but im not sure)?
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    JaneNY wrote:
    As much as I do like them, I was disappointed that you have to re-buy the old albums to get the extra tracks. It wasn't cool of them. Its not like they don't have enough money. But as someone else said, I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt, that it wasn't their doing, but their record company's.

Agreed, I'm sure the label is just saving them up for a box set or another b-sides record.
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    RHCP is THE shit!! They put on one helluva show.
  • Options
    MerkyjammMerkyjamm Posts: 272
    Answer to your quandry: Don't use iTunes.
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i'm pretty pissed about this...the good part is a lot of the songs dont seem like theyre amazing, but the peppers have made sure that im not gonna go out of my way to buy them either. i cant wait for SA, i really wish theyd release the whole fuckin single
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    since Mothers Milk the Peppers have always been pretty well marketed by their record label, from what i've heard of the new material, it's sounding like an improvement over By The Way, a return to more funky flavours. mmmm may's looking good:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    PJFanPJFan Posts: 3
    I thought I read somewhere that they will eventually make the bonus tracks available individually. Sucks, but I think they are trying to take advantage of hardcore fans that don't want to wait.
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    they didn't offer all the bonus songs to screw people over, they did it to entice people to buy entire albums as opposed to the singles only.. if the person buying the tracks gets a bit more bang for their buck then maybe there will be less people at the concerts screaming for them to play hit after hit and getting all pissy when they play a meatier track off the albums.

plus when someone pays the full $10 or whatever for the album the band gets a bigger cheque at the end of the day then they would if people bought a couple 99 cent tracks only.

At least they offer something extra.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~