"Jam Bands"

allornoneallornone Posts: 269
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Ever since I have gotten Sirrius satellite radio, one of my favorite stations has become Jam_On, where they play nothing but Jam Bands. It's great to hear some of the stuff they play, and it's introduced me to bands I either didn't know much about or never thought I'd like. Here's a few that I've been listening to a lot latetly:

Gov't Mule
Widespread Panic
Umphree's McGee
Black Crowes
Blues Travelers
And yes, even Dave Matthews

Anyone else listen to this station, or have a Jam Band that you are really into? Do you consider Pearl Jam an actual Jam Band?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ekoostik hookah. they are amazing, and i dont often go for jambands. usually all sound and little substance.
  • allornone wrote:
    Ever since I have gotten Sirrius satellite radio, one of my favorite stations has become Jam_On, where they play nothing but Jam Bands. It's great to hear some of the stuff they play, and it's introduced me to bands I either didn't know much about or never thought I'd like. Here's a few that I've been listening to a lot latetly:

Gov't Mule
    Widespread Panic
    Umphree's McGee
    Black Crowes
    Blues Travelers
    And yes, even Dave Matthews

Anyone else listen to this station, or have a Jam Band that you are really into? Do you consider Pearl Jam an actual Jam Band?

I really like moe. A LOT more rock than "dreamy" jams, although they can do that too. :D I do consider Pearl Jam a "jam band", of course not in the typical terms of the phrase "jam band", but any band that plays one song:

a) over 8 minutes long, unless the song is orignally written to be that long
    b) has a "cult" following
    c) can still sell out all around the world, and everyone either thought they broke up or has never heard of them
    d) play songs that go into other songs
    e) are students of music history

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)