Dave Matthwes & Jack Johnson @ Kokua Festival

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
edited February 2008 in Other Music
DAVE MATTHEWS JOINS JACK JOHNSON AT THE FIFTH ANNUAL KOKUA FESTIVAL

APRIL 19th-20th - WAIKIKI SHELL - OAHU

Hawaii's own Jack Johnson is proud to share the stage with Dave Matthews at the Fifth Annual Kokua Festival on Earth Day weekend – April 19th and 20th, 2008 – at the Waikiki Shell in Honolulu, Hawaii. For his first Hawaii appearance ever, Dave Matthews will be performing an acoustic set with guitar master Tim Reynolds. The festival's incredible music line-up will be rounded out with local island favorites Paula Fuga and Go Jimmy Go, and Brushfire Records' latest addition, the Hawaii-born, Minneapolis-based Mason Jennings.

All proceeds go to the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Jack and Kim Johnson to support environmental education programs in the schools and communities of Hawaii. The funds raised from the Kokua Festival will be used to further support school recycling on Oahu, sponsor field trips, and roll out the new farm-to-school program AINA In Schools. The foundation is excited to be expanding its community outreach with a sustainability film series and the new Plastic Free Haleiwa coalition.

In celebration of the Kokua Hawaii Foundation and Kokua Festival's 5th anniversary, two new projects have been added to inspire environmental action among Hawaii's students. School groups completing outstanding Kokua Earth Action Projects (KEAP) this school year have been invited to the Keiki Kokua Festival. This keiki (children) only celebration will recognize student efforts to malama (care for) our islands with entertainment by Jack Johnson and other Kokua Festival artists, educational skits, videos and exchanges from participating KEAP school groups.

In addition to the eclectic mix of live music, the Kokua Village lets fans experience eco-friendly clothing from Patagonia, sustainable shoes from Simple Shoes, and organic yogurt from Stonyfield Farm. Kokua Festival attendees can try local food and beverages, learn about products and services from green companies, view alternative energy demonstrations, participate in interactive games and crafts for the kids, and get information about environmentally active groups from around the islands.

The Kokua Festival has raised the bar on environmentally friendly concert production both locally and globally. Some of the innovative greening measures include:

Zero waste collection sites where recyclables, food waste and compostables are separated by students from local schools

A bike valet service, electric trolley, and carpool incentives

Promoting the use of reusable water bottles and providing free water stations

Running festival generators and vehicles on locally made biodiesel

Using biodegradable concession ware

Offering eco-friendly merchandise such as reusable tote bags, bottles, and organic cotton clothing

Offsetting the remaining emissions with clean energy development in Hawaii

The Kokua Festival concert and behind-the-scenes footage will be broadcast live with a major online partner, and an hour long special will be made for television.

Tickets are $40 for general admission/lawn, $50 for reserved seats, $125 in the seated pit area, and $20 general admission for children 3-12. Children under 3 are free. New this year, online ticket purchasers will have the option to add on $2 to offset their own personal travel to the show.

Tickets to the general public will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster or by phone at (877) 750-4400 on February 16th. Starting February 4th, STAR 101.9 listeners will be offered pre-sale opportunities.

The Kokua Hawaii Foundation thanks Presenting Partners Patagonia, Simple, and Stonyfield Farm; Platinum Partners Bonterra / Fetzer Organic Wines, Brushfire Records, Kashi, Kona Brewing Company, MapCargo, and Toyota Prius Hawaii; and Keiki Partners Bear Naked Granola, FruitaBu Organic Smooshed Fruit, Hawaiian Electric Company, SIGG, and Stretch Island Fruit, as well as many other like-minded companies and organizations for their support! The Kokua Festival is produced locally by Pau Hana Productions with additional coordination by MusicMatters.
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    I have some extra reserved saturday to trade for Sunday if anyone is interested.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    That would be a kickass show and vacation.