Chicago PJ Fans going to Alice in Chains 11/08

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hey all,

The pre-sale for the Wednesday, November 8th Alice in Chains show at the Riviera has already happened, but you can get general public tickets show this Saturday.

ALICE IN CHAINS
IN ASSOC WITH VH1 CLASSIC
RIVIERA/18 OR OLDER W ID
4746 N. RACINE
WED NOV 8 2006 7:30PM
Doors open at 6:00
$40.00/ticket - general admission

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003D0BF7ED4CE1?brand=jam

Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 08/19/06 10:00 AM CDT

It would be cool to all meet up before or after the show. We recently went to a pretty cool bar called the Uptown Lounge. Decently priced drinks, open until 4am and a HUGE selection of karaoke (tons of PJ!) on Sunday.

The Uptown Lounge
1136 W. Lawrence Ave.
(catty-corner to the Riv)
773-878-1136

Anyway.. if you're interested and wanna hang out before or after - drop a line here!

Laura :D
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'd rather see The Doors without Jim Morrison. ;)
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    I'm going to that show!! Bought my ticket a few second after they started going on sale...hopefully i got a good seat :)
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hey all,

The pre-sale for the Wednesday, November 8th Alice in Chains show at the Riviera has already happened, but you can get general public tickets show this Saturday.

ALICE IN CHAINS
    RIVIERA/18 OR OLDER W ID
    4746 N. RACINE

It would be cool to all meet up before or after the show. We recently went to a pretty cool bar called the Uptown Lounge. Decently priced drinks, open until 4am and a HUGE selection of karaoke (tons of PJ!) on Sunday.

The Uptown Lounge
    1136 W. Lawrence Ave.
    773-878-1136

Anyway.. if you're interested and wanna hang out before or after - drop a line here!

Come on they only had 2 PJ songs listed on the karaoke sheet. Nice place though. Watch out for the puddles of whatever that was on the way there. hehe.

Milwaukee Eagles Ballroom on a Saturday sounds fun also. :)
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Come on they only had 2 PJ songs listed on the karaoke sheet. Nice place though. Watch out for the puddles of whatever that was on the way there. hehe.

Milwaukee Eagles Ballroom on a Saturday sounds fun also. :)

No, that was a different place. You weren't with me when I was at Uptown. They had about 15+ Pearl Jam songs on their roster.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    No, that was a different place. You weren't with me when I was at Uptown. They had about 15+ Pearl Jam songs on their roster.

Did you grab a list of all the songs they do at this place also?
    Did you grab a list of all the songs they do at this place also?

Well the show isn't on a Sunday, so I don't think they'd do karaoke, unless we had a big enough crowd where we could call and request the availability to do so... but..

It was something like:

Black
    Betterman
    Alive
    Jeremy
    Given To Fly
    I Got Shit
    Smile
    Go
    Small Town
    Even Flow
    Daughter

..and a bunch of others
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Well the show isn't on a Sunday, so I don't think they'd do karaoke, unless we had a big enough crowd where we could call and request the availability to do so... but..

It was something like:

Black
    Betterman
    Alive
    Jeremy
    Given To Fly
    I Got Shit
    Smile
    Go
    Small Town
    Even Flow
    Daughter

..and a bunch of others

Awww on a sunday. Everybody is usually recovering from the last 2 nites. LOL Sounds like a great list. Remember what I told you about smile.
  • PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    Got my ticket thru the presale yesterday. See you all there!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Is it me, or is the new AIC becoming as decisive as audioslave on this board? People either support the idea or wish they were wiped off the face of the earth.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • I have seen Cantrell twice (when he was trying to get his solo career started). You cannot replace Layne and when performing the AIC songs, it wasn't that great. But have fun at the show!!
    CARPE DIEM!!

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this. Woh see the world."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"

"No need to be void, or save up on life. You got to spend it all"

Minneapolis 1998, St. Paul 2003, Alpine Valley 2003, Thunder Bay 2005, St. Paul 2006 I, St. Paul 2006 II, The Gorge I 2006, Hartford 2008, Mansfield I 2008, Mansfield II 2008, Chicago I 2009, EV Solo Minneapolis 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley I 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley II 2011, Wrigley 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014
    I have seen Cantrell twice (when he was trying to get his solo career started). You cannot replace Layne and when performing the AIC songs, it wasn't that great. But have fun at the show!!

Jerry was half the vocals on a lot of songs.. so I wouldn't imagine it being that bad - though you are right, there is no replacing Layne.
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Is it me, or is the new AIC becoming as decisive as audioslave on this board? People either support the idea or wish they were wiped off the face of the earth.

I have yet to see them perform, but I am holding out hope that there's a flicker of past awesomeness.. if there's that, then the show is worth it to me :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    saw them at the atlantic city show that was on VH1, i'll be seeing them in NYC in Nov, this is as good as it gets since i never saw them with layne, and i've seen audioslave a few times and velvet revolver a few times, i'll keep seeing them if they play clubs and i can be close but none of these bands are arena material
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    im gonna try to be there laur... posted the same idea in a different thread... just hope i dont have any big projects or hw going on that night since its a weeknight... so hopefully ill be able to find a ticket last minute too... cause i wont know til then...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    sgossard3 wrote:
    im gonna try to be there laur... posted the same idea in a different thread... just hope i dont have any big projects or hw going on that night since its a weeknight... so hopefully ill be able to find a ticket last minute too... cause i wont know til then...

I don't think they carded at the bar mentioned above either, so you could more than likely party afterwards too :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hey all,

ALICE IN CHAINS
    RIVIERA/18 OR OLDER W ID
    4746 N. RACINE

The Uptown Lounge
    1136 W. Lawrence Ave.
    773-878-1136

I'm down Laura, but don't know if I can get a ticket this Saturday.. Ticket sales always go on when I don't have any extra cash...bummer.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
    I'm down Laura, but don't know if I can get a ticket this Saturday.. Ticket sales always go on when I don't have any extra cash...bummer.

I doubt that it'll sell out, and even if it does, I betcha there'll be tickets available that day or whatever
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    they have been only playing clubs and they have been selling out in minutes
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Eagles Ball Room / Milwaukee November 11th

Ticket master Venue Presale Password: ALICE

You can buy tickets right now!!

Cheers
    Well I just got my ticket, 57 minutes late (bah, overslept!) - Yay!!

Tickets are still available here:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    A bump w/less than a month away!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Almost a week away..

Who else is going?

I know Rodger will be coming with me, and hoping to get a ticket at/outside the venue...

Anyone? We're gonna be at a bar beforehand :>
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Ooh, I'll go. I don't have a ticket, so I'll have to try to hustle one too.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    Ooh, I'll go. I don't have a ticket, so I'll have to try to hustle one too.

Yay!!!!!!! That's awesome!!

You guys should keep peeking at ticketmaster too.. they usually release a handful of last minute tickets before shows start too.. that way it's guarenteed face value
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • I'll definitely check Ticketmaster day of show (the 8th?). Last time I tried to get into a sold out show at the Riv, the scalpers were asking (and getting) 5x face on a $20 ticket...
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    Hey guys,

2 more days until the show!

If you don't have tickets, Maggie/AvacadoLady just PM'ed me with the info that Ticketmaster has some tickets back up for grabs - so GO GET ONE NOW! :D

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥