Alice in Chains: 8/28 in Tinley Park/Chicago!

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Alice in Chains
w/Velvet Revolver & Kill Hannah
Tuesday, 08/28/07
Doors: 6:00 pm | Show: 7:30 pm

First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
19100 South Ridgeland Avenue
Tinley Park (Chicago), IL 60477
Phone 708.614.1616

TICKET PRESALE:
June 21/07 - 10:30am CDT

Regular On Sale Sat, 6/23

* Pavilion Reserved Seating: $29.50 - $59.50
* Lawn General Admission: $19.50

http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/290575

Ticket presales will be available from the online store at AliceInChains.com so be sure to sign up for an account so that you are ready to rock at the checkout. Previous account holders are encouraged to sign in and verify that your information is still current. This will save precious time during the presales. To save yourself even more time, plug in your card and address details in advance using the express checkout feature and get through the process even faster!

First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre is the largest outdoor amphitheatre in Chicago where over 400,000 fans experience the thrill of live concert entertainment every year. From the relaxing vibe of the lawn to the intense experience of the front row, every fan has the best seat in the house!

The following items are generally permitted into the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre:

* Blankets
* Extra Clothes
* Food is allowed in small soft-sided coolers, small picnic baskets, or zip lock bags
* One (1) factory sealed bottled water up to a liter in size
* Umbrellas
* Insect Repellent (non-aerosol only)
* Sunscreen
* Small Backpacks
* Non-professional and disposable cameras

Please note that allowed items will often change on a show by show basis. For a listing of allowed items for a specific show, please contact the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.

Wooooooooooooo!! My 2nd most favorite band ever!

Thank god other bands are playing this summer to be excited about!

Who's with me!?!? :D:D

*edit*
I got so excited I didn't even think to look for another thread on the tour :o
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Not going to Chicago for this but they are playing St Paul the night I after so its good to see ticket prices aren't too high.
  • sounds tempting. AiC and VR would be a cool duo to see live.

I used to be a fan of Kill Hannah too. But then Garrett (their drummer and in-house studio guru) left the band and their latest album sounds like a contrived piece of power-pop monkey crap in their desperate attempt to get mainstream exposure. But maybe I'm nitpicking. :p
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    sounds tempting. AiC and VR would be a cool duo to see live.

I used to be a fan of Kill Hannah too. But then Garrett (their drummer and in-house studio guru) left the band and their latest album sounds like a contrived piece of power-pop monkey crap in their desperate attempt to get mainstream exposure. But maybe I'm nitpicking. :p

Well that sucks.. it'd definitely be cool to see VR (though I've seen SW before many times in STP).. my tix are all about AiC :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Just got my pit tickets from Aliceinchains.com :)

Wooo!!! Can't wait!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    i'm thinking about maybe picking up lawn seats. I wish that they were playing with somebody else, i'm not a vr fan really. it'd be real cool to see aic though.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    just got my tickets in the mail yesterday :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • AWESOME SHOW!!!!

I'm not the biggest fan of Alice in Chains, and probably would not have went to the concert if they were the only band on the bill, but holy $hit, they sounded freakin' unreal! The "new guy" sang Layne's parts balls-on. Great setlist, loved how they opened w/ Again and closed w/ Rooster. Alice in Chains' setlist definitely flowed better than VR's, but...

Velvet Revolver f'n rocked! They came out and threw down a relentless dirty, bluesy, rock n roll vibe. I don't have the new CD yet, so I was unfamiliar with the newer tunes, but the stuff off of Contraband, plus the usual STP and GN'R covers sounded amazing. I think Patience got the biggest pop from the crowd. We left before the encore to beat the traffic, so I know I missed out on Mr. Brownstone, and most likely Sex Type Thing and Slither too.

Openers Kill Hannah looked waaaaaayyyyy out of place, both in the lineup and on the huge stage. I think they played 4 or 5 songs, which was maybe 1-2 too many. Matt Sorum came out and drummed on Rebel Yell with the band, which was the only highlight from their set.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I still can't decide if I'm going to see this show in Tampa. They ran out of the "cheap tickets" and I really wish that AIC were the headliners.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • It was nice to see a general admission section, it gave it a little different atmosphere, but the cavernous 'world music theatre' once again sucked up the sound. Its as if you need to be at the top of the lawn to have decent sound.

ALICe In CHaINs was so good, they were high polish, but commanding.
    VelVEt REvoLVEr did their thing perfect. SlaSh, definetely rolls his own.

I was a very cool intimate show....sextypething was very cool and it even sounded as if the beginning drum solo for YouCould BeMine went off before Mr.Brownstone!
    Stellar Under A Blood Red Moon!
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs