THE official ERA VULGARIS THREAD

pearljamharmonypearljamharmony Posts: 120
edited May 2007 in Other Music
After searching through 50 chris cornell carry on threads, how come there isn't a thread about this album? It leaked yesterday and it kicks ass. WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF IT?

I'm really diggin
Turning the Screw
3's and 7's
The Designer
Into the Hollow
Suture Up My Future
Make it wit chu
Run Pig Run
Running Joke(the bonus track, the only time on the album where you can catch your breath)
and I'm surprised Era Vulgaris didn't make the cd (but its the last song on my ipod :P)

I also can't believe how heavy this is and how every track minus make it wit chu is super heavy. My copy has two parts where it slows down one on 3's and 7's and one make it wit chu, is it trying to mock out vinyl much like grindhouse mocked 70s films with missing reels?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    There is a thread or two about it, cool album, just trying to get to grips with it at the moment. It's not as immediate as some of their past work, but it's all good.
  • we're talking about it in the era vulgaris cover art thread.

and it leaked wednesday night ;)
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I'm waiting for June 12th to listen to it. I'v anticipated this album more than anything else this year.
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Era Vulgaris is probably the worst song of the bunch. It lags.

But this album is a monster.

Run Pig Run is a mind-bender.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    This might be of interest if ye haven't seen it already.
    http://herrcc.se/files/Queens%20of%20the%20Stone%20Age%20-%20Era%20Vulgaris%20%5bFLAC%5d/

Check the .jpgs too.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Great CD. Much more consistent than Lullabies.

River in the Road is the song of the CD for me. The song is haunting and just gallops. And the lyrics are simple and great. Kind of has a Go With the Flow feel to me.

But none of the songs are skip worthy.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh i'm going to wait till the 12th to. Really looking forward to this album though
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Waiting for the 12th. But I'm happy to contribute to your thread. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I also am waiting for the official release. I often dislike leaks because they have quality problems. I've heard only good things about the CD.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    has anyone heard of a US tour yet? ive heard some song here and there... but im looking forward to it!
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Can someone post or PM a link to where I can find this?
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Ok...turning the screw is the best opening track since Millionaire. What a killer song.
  • I've listened to it a few times and I think its awesome. I would listen to it more but some of the mp3s on mine skip and its a little annoying. I'm picking this one up when its released for sure. Its much better then Lullabies imo.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Wow okay. This album is fucking great. It sounds very electrified...if you can understand that. Compared to the new Smashing Pumpkins stuff this shit is light years ahead. Josh has outdone himself again.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    river in the road > all of you
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    ^ turnin on the screw > river in the road > you
    Kann wrote:
    ^ turnin on the screw > river in the road > you

error please try again

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    the fun machine took a shit and died