did army of anyone break up?

pearljamharmonypearljamharmony Posts: 120
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I've heard rumbling around other boards that Army of Anyone broke up does anyone know if there is any truth to that? The 17 year old (now 24) die hard in me STP fan needs to know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    You will hear they are on "hiatus" - but they are done. Richard Patrick is going back to making Filter records.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I can't help but think their album was a bit of a let down. I like both Filter and STP, but it just didn't seem to blend that well. I don't see a STP reunion coming any time soon though, Velvet Revolver seem to be doing just fine at the moment.
    Velvet Revolver seem to be doing just fine at the moment.

I don't know.....have you heard the new VR album? It's horrible.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    stpmattb wrote:

Actually I really like it, there are a couple of duds like Mary Mary and American Man. But Last Fight, Pills Demons etc, She Builds Quick Machines and Gravedancer are all really good, in my opinion. Plus Weiland sounds great.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    stpmattb wrote:
    You will hear they are on "hiatus" - but they are done. Richard Patrick is going back to making Filter records.

What the???? Where have I been, I haven't heard about this at all!!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    yosi wrote:
    What the???? Where have I been, I haven't heard about this at all!!

That was in May. You need to get back in the loop!!!
    stpmattb wrote:
    That was in May. You need to get back in the loop!!!

Damn, I just kind of took a break from the STP board, cause no one posts there, and I was a way for a while, so I haven't even posted here much. Weird. How come there are no real threads on the STP board?

Edit: Do you have any inside scoop?
  • stpmattb wrote:

true true, and it was such a disappointment especially because brenden obrien produced it and when he was tagged with the project my expectations were raised because of his work with stp but how come his voice is just so low in the mix. The music is bad (really bad), but at least they could have made scotts voice audible in the mix. Someone said that the AOA album kinda sucked, it had alot of good stuff on it Dissapear was a great song, and stop look and listen was pure deleo brothers quality. The Deleo bros were in perfect form just too bad it was a one and done.

Matt any news about the upcoming (for now 4 years) scott weiland solo album?
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Good...I couldnt help but listen to their album and think "this would be incredible if Scott Weiland was singing instead of this hack"...I like Velvet Revolver and all (and I do like their new album-but Mary Mary and American Man certainly arent the duds on it. Enjoyable rock record)....but I would love to hear STP was getting back together. That would be amazing since clearly Scott is singing great and the DeLeos can still write some great songs.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • true true, and it was such a disappointment especially because brenden obrien produced it and when he was tagged with the project my expectations were raised because of his work with stp but how come his voice is just so low in the mix. The music is bad (really bad), but at least they could have made scotts voice audible in the mix. Someone said that the AOA album kinda sucked, it had alot of good stuff on it Dissapear was a great song, and stop look and listen was pure deleo brothers quality. The Deleo bros were in perfect form just too bad it was a one and done.

Are you kidding me, it's AOA album that blew chunks. VR's Libertad is a fine album and better than SLDD and at least half of No. 4.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Does anyone here (since you're all STP fans) have the House Of Blues bootleg/where I could download it? THANKS!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • stpmattb wrote:

If I ran this forum, I would ban you for saying such a thing. VR's new album is their best. Easily.

To stay on topic, however, Army Of Anyone I wanted to like. But I couldn't. Their songs didn't exactly catch me in any way. And I don't like Richard Patrick, or Robert Patrick, or whatever his name is. His singing doesn't work for me..
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    I'll be happy to get more Filter albums. I'm a big fan of "Title of Record" & "The Amalgamut". AoA just didn't gel for me
    If I ran this forum, I would ban you for saying such a thing. VR's new album is their best. Easily.

To stay on topic, however, Army Of Anyone I wanted to like. But I couldn't. Their songs didn't exactly catch me in any way. And I don't like Richard Patrick, or Robert Patrick, or whatever his name is. His singing doesn't work for me..

Wow, saying this album is their best isn't really saying much since they have only ONE other album.

Actually it's been about 6 years in the making ;) But I haven't heard anything about it other than what's been said.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    stpmattb wrote:
    Actually it's been about 6 years in the making ;) But I haven't heard anything about it other than what's been said.

didn't he play a new song on one of the late night shows sometime in the past year?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    didn't he play a new song on one of the late night shows sometime in the past year?

Yea. I think it was called "The Man I Used to Know".
  • Deleo Brothers, meet Brooke Burke and Dave Navarro...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    oh lord no! not rockstar!!!!
  • If I ran this forum, I would ban you for saying such a thing. VR's new album is their best. Easily.

I know what you mean man it wasnt horrible but just not very good Scott is a much better singer than Robert any day. Strike 2 for the Deleo brothers the first side project Talk Show bombs and now Army Of Anyone.