Muse "Plug In Baby"

EvolutionBoundEvolutionBound Posts: 38
edited October 2007 in Other Music
So I've always been a huge Muse fan but only from the last 2 albums ( Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations). I recently just discovered Origin of Symmetry and specifically "Plug in Baby." I love this song. The bass line, the riff, the lyrics, the melody. Such a great song. Anyone else agree?
331xxx

Reading 10.01.04
Philadelphia 10.03.05
Camden 05.28.06
Camden 05.29.06
Camden 06.19.08
Philadelphia 10.28.09
New York 05.21.10
Chicago 07.19.13
Philadelphia 04.29.16
Baltimore 03.28.20
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Wait until the lucky day that you hear Plug In Baby live....wonderfully vibrant and massive.

But then I can say that about any song that they play live...they're just that good.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    So I've always been a huge Muse fan but only from the last 2 albums ( Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations). I recently just discovered Origin of Symmetry and specifically "Plug in Baby." I love this song. The bass line, the riff, the lyrics, the melody. Such a great song. Anyone else agree?

Their best album.Lost their edge a bit since Origin.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    origin of symmetry is their best album - i fucking love new born
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Yep Origin of Symmetry is an amazing album, my favourite song from it is probably Citizen Erased. But yeah you can't go wrong with Plug In Baby - or Bliss, New Born, Hyper Music, Feeling Good etc. It's funny to think that when they first came out they were dismissed as a Radiohead rip-off band, and now they are critically acclaimed and fookin' massive!
  • i've just got their last two albums as well, haven't got around to buying their other material yet. they will probably always be compared to radiohead but i prefer muse, apart from when radiohead aren't afraid to write songs ie: fake plastic trees or street spirit.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Wow, people are only now discovering Muse? Nothing wrong with that. It's just funny. I've known and seen them live since their first single. I thought the Absolution tour was their absolute highlight.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29