This is why I love Counting Crows

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHrH88JtxaM

They seem to be on form again....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    dude, they SUCK the big one.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    haha
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    when adam wants you to like his new songs, he is on form.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Cynics, the lot of you :D

The new album is ace
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • I've seen Counting Crows live twice and they were fantastic both times. And yes, great new album.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Counting Crows were one of the worst bands I have ever seen in concert. They damn near put me to sleep and the lead singer went on Bonoesque political rants throughout the evening.
  • Adam Duritz is fat and sweaty
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I'm just a casual fan but, the new album is top notch.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I think August and Everything After was one of the best albums of the 90's. Besides a couple songs here and there, they lost me ever since. But the new album is pretty damn good.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I think August and Everything After was one of the best albums of the 90's. Besides a couple songs here and there, they lost me ever since. But the new album is pretty damn good.

couldn't agree more. Had Einstein on the beach been on August...it would have been the perfect album.
  • I'm just a casual fan but, the new album is top notch.

Sorry I quoted the wrong guy ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Just sayin'

haha
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I really dig the Counting Crows. Not sure why they get so much hate thrown their way. They're excellent songwriters. "August & Everything After" is probably one of my favorite records of all time. I admit I kinda lost interest in them over the last few years, but their new album is really fucking good. Best thing they've done in years in my opinion.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Cynics, the lot of you :D

The new album is ace
    i think you meant ass, adam shot his musical load in hard candy, there is not one memorable song from the 1st side other than hanging tree.

every other album had songs that were catchy.

i guess they're indie now :rolleyes:
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I really dig the Counting Crows. Not sure why they get so much hate thrown their way. They're excellent songwriters. "August & Everything After" is probably one of my favorite records of all time. I admit I kinda lost interest in them over the last few years, but their new album is really fucking good. Best thing they've done in years in my opinion.
    they WERE excellent songwriters

this album is dogshit

get your head out of your ass where's the memorable stuff?
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    I hate how much I like this band. Duritz maybe the most annoying person in music, and THAT is saying a TON!!!
    Recovering the Satellites is still one of my favorite records ever.
    The new one is ok. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 (inflated no doubt because I do like them). Not great, and not memorable by any means, but better than most of the shit put out.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    smithnic wrote:
    not memorable by any means.

I find it hugely memorable....its such a grower.... :)

Cowboys, Hanging Tree and Le Ballet D'or or easily some of their best material....

I wake up with this album in my head lol.....

it takes a few listens, but man once it hits.....
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    they WERE excellent songwriters

this album is dogshit

I couldn't disagree more. This album is a grower, and ya gotta give it some time. I wasn't sure what to think on my first couple of listens, but after about 5 or 6 spins it finally hit me. Now I can't stop listening to it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Really good song. First time I've heard anything by these guys.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Really good song. First time I've heard anything by these guys.

Starting at the begining with August and Everything After would be my suggestion.
  • counting crows must die
    counting crows must die
    counting crows must die
    i'd like to punch them in the eye
    all that crap I hate so much
    everything about them sucks
    boring music badly played
    if they were a dog i'd have them spayed
    boring hippie ripoff shit that
    sucked in the first place
    counting crows must die

-Down by Law.
    counting crows must die
    counting crows must die
    counting crows must die
    i'd like to punch them in the eye
    all that crap I hate so much
    everything about them sucks
    boring music badly played
    if they were a dog i'd have them spayed
    boring hippie ripoff shit that
    sucked in the first place
    counting crows must die

-Down by Law.

Wow, that's one of the most juvenile things I've ever read. You've gotta be pretty insecure to write a hate song about another band.

-Tom Waits