*****Counting Crows*****

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Just thought they should have a thread.....

the new album's had a huge impact on me this past week and is the very definition of 'a grower'.....

So much beauty, a huge step up from the (personally) somewhat dissappointing Hard Candy.....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    I know what you mean it has been worth waiting 6 years for, there are no fillers on it, i find something new i like about each song every time i hear the album. Can't wait until they play Hyde park in the summer to hear it live
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    yeah, im bumping my own thread :(
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm also loving it, and am going to see them with Ben Harper and Powderfinger at Hyde Park too, can't wait!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait! Heard a few of the songs on their tour last summer. Cowboys was rockin'.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    bump. I think ima buy this album tomorrow too. I was disappointed by the last album, but before that, they were one of my favorite bands by far. how does this one compare to the first 3?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i saw them live.......ruined my liking the music. adam is ....... useless.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    uhhh...i like counting crows and everything, even seen em live before...but for this summer's tour, good tickets are going for $150 a pop in jersey! where the fuck do they get off charging that? theyre not THAT good.
  • i love the counting crows, but i hate how it seems like they are always on a co-headlining tour instead of just their own. i refuse to go to a maroon 5 show. i want to see CC live so badly but i will not sit through an artist i have no interest in, and PAY that artist, just so i can see them.

in response to MLC2006, for me personally i think this album is a lot better than this desert life. i'm not sure if it's as good as august... and nothing will ever be another recovering the satellites, so i don't know. i need to listen to the new one a lot more, i've only had the chance to listen about twice. it's definitely worth picking up though.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    never seen them live, but I have the double live album they put out and I"ve seen some videos on youtube. they seem to put on a very good show imo. what didn't you like about them? I thought the 9 minute version of 'round here' with 'have you seen me lately' tagged on the end was greatness.

I think the reason for the co=headlining tours is that there just is not mass appeal for them like there was during the first 2 albums. so maybe they think they can sell more tickets with a coheadliner. though I agree with you. they've done co-headlining tours with Wallflowers and Matchbox 20, and I think that's a joke to try to put either one of those bands on the same level as CC.
  • I love the counting crows
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • the new album is definitely a grower.

but i liked hard candy a lot, too.

they're one of my favorite bands, and yet i still haven't seen them live... always wanted to. live at heineken music hall is a great album. but there's just no way in hell i'm going to a maroon 5 concert. lame. :mad:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    MLC2006 wrote:
    never seen them live, but I have the double live album they put out and I"ve seen some videos on youtube. they seem to put on a very good show imo. what didn't you like about them? I thought the 9 minute version of 'round here' with 'have you seen me lately' tagged on the end was greatness.

I think the reason for the co=headlining tours is that there just is not mass appeal for them like there was during the first 2 albums. so maybe they think they can sell more tickets with a coheadliner. though I agree with you. they've done co-headlining tours with Wallflowers and Matchbox 20, and I think that's a joke to try to put either one of those bands on the same level as CC.

The two times I've seen them, they put on great shows. Unfortunately, I've heard their show history is all over the board. Some great, some terrible. I think it depends on Adam's (aka the Tortured Artist) mood :p.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    deleted. link didnt work
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 371
    I'm loving the new album. It's no 'August and Everything After', but what is?

The problem with seeing them live is that you need to catch them on a day where Adam isn't in a stoned\drunk\zombie state. Anyone remember the David Letterman appearance during the infamous Madonna episode? What an awful performance what was.

Anyways ... if you catch them on a good day, they really do put on a great show. Unfortunately, they don't publicize which shows will be the good ones ;)