Any news on Tom Waits.....?

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in Other Music
just wondered if anyone knows if he's recording at the minute.....?

always hard gettin news on this guy....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spnoonespnoone Posts: 628
    no word on a new record but today he confirmed a summer tour of the states and europe. no cities or dates yet. but... i'm pretty sure that he hasn't done a full tour without a new album to promote since at least the 80's (maybe circa big time, if ever) so that's encouraging.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    spnoone wrote:
    no word on a new record but today he confirmed a summer tour of the states and europe. no cities or dates yet. but... i'm pretty sure that he hasn't done a full tour without a new album to promote since at least the 80's (maybe circa big time, if ever) so that's encouraging.

Cheers for that, appreciated :)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    If someone finds out more, please update. Thanks
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    he was in vancouver recently. bought a geetar at a cool guitar shop.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • KatreKatre Posts: 1
    laudenum wrote:
    he was in vancouver recently. bought a geetar at a cool guitar shop.

I'd love to know more. Did you see him yourself? :)
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    no,i read it in the paper.not sure why he is in town.its a cool shop though,bought my guitar there,lots of cool,used guitars.i visit frequently to play ones i couldnt possibly afford. he could be recording? acdc is here recording their album. but hard to say why mr waits is here. maybe for ed's shows.
    as ed came up to see him play 3 years ago? cant remember exactly. ed was with tim robbins and susan sarandon. so maybe mr waits is hangin around waiting for ed's shows
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd