Badmotorfinger.....

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in Other Music
this really is an awesome album.....

I cannot stop listening to Outshined and Room A Thousand Years Wide......

Is this the best Soundgarden album, what do you people think?
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    this really is an awesome album.....

I cannot stop listening to Outshined and Room A Thousand Years Wide......

Is this the best Soundgarden album, what do you people think?

It's my favourite Soundgarden album, although I think Superunknown is a more accomplished record. But for all out primal aggression, you can't beat Badmotorfinger! Slaves And Bulldozers is in my view one of their very best songs, the vocals are just insane. Huge fan of Room A Thousand Years Wide and Searching With My Good Eye Closed too - I'm hoping Cornell will bust those songs out on the next tour.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    It's my favourite Soundgarden album, although I think Superunknown is a more accomplished record. But for all out primal aggression, you can't beat Badmotorfinger! Slaves And Bulldozers is in my view one of their very best songs, the vocals are just insane. Huge fan of Room A Thousand Years Wide and Searching With My Good Eye Closed too - I'm hoping Cornell will bust those songs out on the next tour.

When I saw you at the bottom of this forum I knew you'd be straight on this one :D

But yeah, good call on those songs too, Slaves and Bulldozers is so fuckin good......

I can never decide if I prefer this to Superunknown or not......

Both are awesome records......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
    When I saw you at the bottom of this forum I knew you'd be straight on this one :D

But yeah, good call on those songs too, Slaves and Bulldozers is so fuckin good......

I can never decide if I prefer this to Superunknown or not......

Both are awesome records......

Haha! Gotta show the love!

I listen to Badmotorfinger more, but I think the leap in musicianship and song writing to Superunknown was huge.
    Haha! Gotta show the love!

I listen to Badmotorfinger more, but I think the leap in musicianship and song writing to Superunknown was huge.

Yeah I agree, particularly from Cornell.....

Whats your opinion on Down on the Upside by the way?

Ive always been torn....some songs i love, others not so sure.....
    Yeah I agree, particularly from Cornell.....

Whats your opinion on Down on the Upside by the way?

Ive always been torn....some songs i love, others not so sure.....

I absolutely agree. I know a lot of people highly rate DOTUS, but I don' think it's quite as good as the previous two - in terms of consistency at least. When it's good, it's amazing though.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    badmotorfinger is amazing. slaves and fucking bulldozers! thats all i gotta say.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Badmotorfinger is a masterpiece ...............arguably the best four song sequence to open an album with!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    It's all about Jesus Christ Pose
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I absolutely agree. I know a lot of people highly rate DOTUS, but I don' think it's quite as good as the previous two - in terms of consistency at least. When it's good, it's amazing though.

I used to feel this way as I thought the second half of DOTU was pretty hit and miss but as I progressed as a musician, started a band, etc., I realized that I as a listener, I just wasn't up to speed with what they were doing. Now it is my favorite SG record and their are only two songs that I think are a little lackluster.

An Unkind fucking rules! The day I hear PJ write something that fast and technically proficient, I'll shit a brick.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i love me some BMF but honestly, down on the upside is easily the best sg album for me. it is just pure brilliance. takes you to another world with all that psychedelica and atmosphere. i'll end up typing a book expanding on this if i dont stop now, so we'll leave it at that.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Ditto with everybody on this thread! This is my favorite Soundgarden album. Such a big leap, too from this album and the previous titled "Louder Than Love" -- and that was a great album!!! I think I'll cue that album here at work...
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    I used to feel this way as I thought the second half of DOTU was pretty hit and miss but as I progressed as a musician, started a band, etc., I realized that I as a listener, I just wasn't up to speed with what they were doing. Now it is my favorite SG record and their are only two songs that I think are a little lackluster.

An Unkind fucking rules! The day I hear PJ write something that fast and technically proficient, I'll shit a brick.

Agreed. DOTU is all about Ben Shepherd - a real tour de force for him.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    one of the best albums ever

regarding DOTU - first 8 songs are just insanely good
  • Soundgarden were brilliant, true class!!! My thoughts on ben sheppard are mixed, tremendous musican whose contributions to the band were huge but also a major part of there disbanding. Can only dream of what there next studio album would have sounded like!
    My thoughts on ben sheppard are mixed, tremendous musican whose contributions to the band were huge but also a major part of there disbanding.

Care to expand....?

I know nothing of why they broke up :(

• I really dont care for Soundgarden at all, which I find weird cuz I love PJ and lots of PJ fans love Soundgarden. So something kinda doesnt make sense here...
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Care to expand....?

I know nothing of why they broke up :(
    MY theories on why they broke up go as followed:
    1)they never really enjoyed touring, which is odd but they were an odd bunch. i have heard quotes from ben in interviews where he states this on multiple occasions.
    2)by 1996 chris voice was really started to show the effects of all the bad habits he had. things like never warming up his voice before shows, heavy smoking and drinking. couple that with the fact that he pushed his voice like no other singer has and toured very heavily from 89-96 with the exception of 93/95.
    3)some say what made them so unique was now tearing them apart by the time dotu came out. that being there different musical styles and the way they all would contribute to the albums. dotu is eaily there most eclectic album, maybe to a fault because of the lack of flow at times. i have heard that kim wanted to go back to a heavier sabbath style while chris was heading in the direction of a more melodic beatles style.
    4)and finally was sheppard behavior while performing. this could tie into number one, but i think its more of a reflection on his character. ben had the punk rock mentality and it showed when he performed. he looked like a man posessed through 91-95, and was so much fun to watch him drag that bass around down by his ankles. by 96 he played like a mummified zombie never changing his expression or moving a limb. he seemed like he always had a chip on his shoulder, and was notorious for spitting into the crowd and occasionally going into the crowd after people. in a way i feel for the guy because he clearly couldnt deal with the sucess they had achieved, just dont think he handled it best.

any die hard SG feel free to add to or correct any thing i said. i think that sums it up