RHCP Monday 17th London Earls Court

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Wow, dont know if anyone here was there but it was amazing.

I've loved them since I was 15 and always wanted to see them. I'm now 22 and monday I finally got to see them.

I know alot of you hate tham (sold out blah blah rhetoric) but they played their hearts out and Readymade was just so rocking, John is an amazing guitarist and as a bassist Flea has always been such an inspiration.

So cool, so cool.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    I'll be seeing them in Chicago in 2 weeks, in all honesty I wasnt really looking forward to seeing them all that much, but Im going in open minded.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    I'll be seeing them in Chicago in 2 weeks, in all honesty I wasnt really looking forward to seeing them all that much, but Im going in open minded.

Why go then?!

lol
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    dude- theres about a 100 other bands to see, like Umphrey's McGee, The Disco Biscuits, deadboy and the Elephantman... 3 day festival it should be great, I hope the heat wave breaks by then...
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I saw the Chili Peppers a couple of years ago, and honestly, since then I can no longer really listen to them. The concert was just soo weak (and I went in never having heard anything bad about their live shows, and as a big fan). I don't know, maybe it was an of night, but also learning that they did the exact same show, with the same gimicks, night after night, and the show not even being that good just made me lose interest.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    I saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks. They were OK but nothing better. Seen them 3 times now, and never been blown away.

Not shit by any means, just seems like they come on, play their songs for an hour and half then f#ck off with yer 45quid in their pocket.

What did you make of !!!??
  • ok i have seen the chili peppers 5 times:

twice in manchester on the by the way tour
    once in manchester on the greatest hits tour
    and twice a couple weeks back here in manchester - these were the best - blown away, especially second night

all 5 times i have left the show amazed. they are one of my all time fave bands, i think PJ shade it, but rhcp are right up there.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Seemed like on the By The Way tour most of the shows they did were lame. very lame.

but every once in awhile they abandoned it, played older stuff, and every single person in the stadium left blown away.

do they not know how good blood sugar sex magik was?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'll be seeing them in Canada at the end of September. They're always nice energy. Seen them every tour since 2000. But 2x per tour max - like U2 they don't mix up the setlist much, but a good show.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    To quote Flea : 'If you dont like Stadium Arcadium you dont like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Period.'

Blood Sugar was 1991 people. yes it is and was fucking ace but christ let a band grow.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    i saw rhcp in new york a couple of years ago and was a little disapointed. they werent anything special to me. after hearing the new album which i love (it took a little while to get into though) im seeing them again in albany. road trip from binghamton university with 8 other friends. should be a great time.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I've never seen them live but they are a band I definitely want to see live.

I've always heard mixed reviews of their shows.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • To quote Flea : 'If you dont like Stadium Arcadium you dont like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Period.'

Blood Sugar was 1991 people. yes it is and was fucking ace but christ let a band grow.
    I understand that, and love them for it, but I still don't understand the seemingly intentional avoidance of BSSM live.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I understand that, and love them for it, but I still don't understand the seemingly intentional avoidance of BSSM live.

Maybe they consider it a part of their past and just part of the process of growing up. Not comfortable at reliving those times? I dunno.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I get to see them Aug 25 and while I've heard all the fan reviews and the 'hit or miss' comments re: Anthonys voice, I'm also going with an open mind and HOPE they kick my ass.......

Part of performing live has got to be selfish to an extent.

Maybe the band just think the songs on Californication, By The Way and SA better reflect who they are today...I can totally see why they would...Californication was a total rebirth for them, gettin John back and all...they're all around 40 now, maybe some of the stuff they wrote back then wouldn't come from the heart as much now...