the Roots - Game Theory...fuckin ace!!!

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited September 2006 in Other Music
All those who flippantly diss Hip Hop cause they've seen a couple 50 Cent videos know shit about the genre, this is passionate, raw and real.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• and mos def--
    and talib kweli--
    and wyclef--

hip-hop... the son of jazz--

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • I have probably listened to this album a dozen times already.

one of the favorites this year.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    love the roots.. have to check this out~

oh and Wyclef needs to stop doing anything IMO=p all he can talk about is fugees/refugees in every one of his songs
  • great great hip-hop album. can't stop listening

rap done right
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • and mos def--
    and talib kweli--
    and wyclef--

hip-hop... the son of jazz--

peace
    lz

Mos Def is ace. Gotta give K-OS a shout out too.

New Outkast is pretty good too.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • I saw The Roots last friday night...in all honesty...they blew me away. I was taken aback by how great they were. Questlove is the mother fucking man.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Amazing band... just happy I'm from Philly and got to see them from the small clubs and house parties to the success they have now. And they've never changed, just reinvented and perfected the art of hip hop and R&B
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the best hip-hop band is still standing strong! (outkast a close 2nd)

i have to pick this up
  • I love that album. I REALLY loved it after I realized that they sampled Radiohead on there.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • personally i hate rap. the main reason being the unmeaningful lyrics and dr.seus beats. its mainly all garbage. as for the actualy talented rappers, i still do not like them or really even respect them, also being that i dont likethe genre in general. rap is not my thing

however, i heard a few songs from the roots and ihave to admit i respect it, and somewhat liked a few songs from them. some of the songs i also thought were totally not my style, yet i liked the uniqueness of the music. and ontop of that they actually play instruments..... NO WAY!
  • personally i hate rap. the main reason being the unmeaningful lyrics and dr.seus beats. its mainly all garbage. as for the actualy talented rappers, i still do not like them or really even respect them, also being that i dont likethe genre in general. rap is not my thing

however, i heard a few songs from the roots and ihave to admit i respect it, and somewhat liked a few songs from them. some of the songs i also thought were totally not my style, yet i liked the uniqueness of the music. and ontop of that they actually play instruments..... NO WAY!

Guess what? Now maybe you'll realize that not all rap is Dr. Seuss beats. As far as lyrics go. They all have meaning, it's just whether you relate or not.
    NERDS!
  • Guess what? Now maybe you'll realize that not all rap is Dr. Seuss beats. As far as lyrics go. They all have meaning, it's just whether you relate or not.

yea i know there is meaningful rap, but i still dont like it. rap isnt my style at all. unless the rapper actually writes his music and makes his own beats, its all garbage to me. if you call yourself an artist, then write your own godamn music or pick up a fuckin instrument and play it instead of paying sum wigger in his 30's to make your beats.
  • yea i know there is meaningful rap, but i still dont like it. rap isnt my style at all. unless the rapper actually writes his music and makes his own beats, its all garbage to me. if you call yourself an artist, then write your own godamn music or pick up a fuckin instrument and play it instead of paying sum wigger in his 30's to make your beats.

So having a producer is garbage?!!?

Where would PJ be without the help of Brendan O'brien, Rick/Raj Parashar, Tchad Blake. Adam Casper etc. . . ?
    NERDS!
  • theres a diffference when the producer makes the beat or "music' as some people like to call it, to these no talent bums, and gives the beat to the rapper asking if he likes it. why cant the fuckin rapper just do it himself? and its especially pathetic when the producer is that chubby white guy who talks like hes black does the job for the rapper. since when do pearl jams producers write the music for them?
  • personally i hate rap. the main reason being the unmeaningful lyrics

Man, 'unmeaningful lyrics'?!? Man, check out some Nas, K-OS and early Outkast.