Kid A...'tis good.

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Just revisiting this album, Radiohead are surley one of the most creative bands out there, Kid A is suck a cohesive album. I'm probably in a minority but I do think the more experimantal there sound the better they get as I much prefer Kid A and Hail To Thief to The Bends.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kid a still my absolute favorite by them. i prefer the bends over hail to the thief though. though i think hail to the thief is a fantastic album.
  • Just revisiting this album, Radiohead are surley one of the most creative bands out there, ... I do think the more experimantal there sound the better they get

:eek: Wow... I'm at the same place. :)
    I'm reading the Middle Mind by Curtis White, and as a result I pulled this out and haven't stopped listening to it (well between the new Hawaii boot!).
    :o I forgot how much I loved this record. It's amazing, difficult, illuminating, challenging... and abyss of sound that I just fall into everytime.

In a little while I'll be gone
    The moment's already passed, yeah it's gone
    And I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    You can't forget Amnesiac. What a fantastic record. I love Radiohead's experimental side too.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • alobar wrote:
    You can't forget Amnesiac. What a fantastic record. I love Radiohead's experimental side too.

True, just overall I think Kid A is superior, flows better.

But Amnesiac is woth buying for I Might Be Wrong alone.

Kid A also reminds me of what it feels like listening to Bjork, Vespertine in particular.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I love Kid A.. my favourite though is the classic.. OK Computer.

Can't wait for their next album!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    alobar wrote:

i finally came around to kid a. pretty good album once you give it time. it doesnt reach the bends or ok computer, but it's not a bad album. however, i have to say i still think amnesiac is pretty worthless (knives out is good though) and hail to the thief is mediocre.

1. the bends
    2. ok computer
    3. kid a
    4. pablo honey
    5. hail to the thief
    6. amnesiac
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    True, just overall I think Kid A is superior, flows better.

But Amnesiac is woth buying for I Might Be Wrong alone.

Kid A also reminds me of what it feels like listening to Bjork, Vespertine in particular.

I see what you're saying, but for me Kid A is more like Homogenic and Amnesiac is like Vespertine.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ok computer, kid a, amnesiac and hail to the theif are all outstanding. i prefer the bleep-bleep radiohead to the guitar rock radiohead.
  • kid a has so many great songs! i think amnesiac does too, but with the tendency is to remember the first disc.

HTTT is one of the most underrated albums of all time i feel. SOOOOOO many great tunes on there!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Classic cuts from Kid A : "How To Disappear Completely" & "In Limbo",but the entire record is great! In fact,the entire Radiohead catalog IS great!
  • Kid A tis reeeeeeeeeaaaal good...my favorite actually.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • i prefer the bleep-bleep radiohead to the guitar rock radiohead.

LOL... :D Nice. ;)

• 1. the bends
    2. ok computer
    3. kid a
    4. pablo honey
    5. hail to the thief
    6. amnesiac

I believe that this is the first time I have seen pablo honey that high on a list. You should re-visit both HTTT and Amnesiac. HTTT has kinda a b-sides feel to it, but there are some great songs there, and well, amnesiac has like spinning plates and I might be wrong, so the rest could be shit and it would not make a difference. The "I might be wrong" live recordings are damn good too.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    SlowFade wrote:
    I believe that this is the first time I have seen pablo honey that high on a list. You should re-visit both HTTT and Amnesiac. HTTT has kinda a b-sides feel to it, but there are some great songs there, and well, amnesiac has like spinning plates and I might be wrong, so the rest could be shit and it would not make a difference. The "I might be wrong" live recordings are damn good too.

sorry, i did revisit them a while back. amnesiac sucks. i gained appreciation for kid a, but amnesiac is like the b-sides to an album that, while good, was not their best. knives out is the only song i really liked. httt was alright, but not really any great songs.

radiohead snobs like to act like pablo honey sucked becos thom yorke disowned it. but im sorry, songs like stop whispering and blow out top anything off their last 2 albums with ease.

how "should" my rankings go?
  • sorry, i did revisit them a while back. amnesiac sucks. i gained appreciation for kid a, but amnesiac is like the b-sides to an album that, while good, was not their best. knives out is the only song i really liked. httt was alright, but not really any great songs.

radiohead snobs like to act like pablo honey sucked becos thom yorke disowned it. but im sorry, songs like stop whispering and blow out top anything off their last 2 albums with ease.

how "should" my rankings go?

sail to the moon is a classic! 2+2=5, there there, scatterbrain, wolf at the door, where i end, backdrifts. all great!!!!!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free