9 - Damien Rice - Album of the Year.

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Was blown away by it. Still am.

A beautiful, beautiful grower of an album.

Overall been slightly let down - Pearl Jam, and Deftones both released albums which were just average to me...

Stadium Arcadium is still holding up though...

Maybe the love you have for some bands just dies sometime and you cant get it back....

Also, Tom Waits - Orphans, fuckin' superb.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It is a good one indeed.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Have it under the Christmas tree. Will listen to it over Christmas.
  • GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    Definitely not the album of the year, in my opinion, and I love Damien Rice. There are some songs on there that just don't do much for me. Accidental Babies and Sleep Don't Weep are just too boring for me...and I'm not a die hard rock fan or anything. Most of the stuff I listen to is of the singer/songwriter variety. I think 'O' is one of my favorite albums released over the past couple of years, but something is just missing from '9'. The first half of the album is amazing, albeit some weak lyrics (i.e. "I love your depression, I love your double chin" or chorus of "the girl who does yoga" or "lately I've been horny).
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• GhostBoy wrote:
    The first half of the album is amazing, albeit some weak lyrics (i.e. "I love your depression, I love your double chin" or chorus of "the girl who does yoga" or "lately I've been horny).

Lol I thought the double chin lyric was ace.

Also - 'We'll call it christmas when the adverts begin', we all know that feeling.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • 9 Is very good indeed, its one of my favorites of the year. i saw him live on friday in philly and him and lisa were amazing, their voices are uncanny, it was so pure . the new songs sound incredible live too
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • I find Damien Rice's success irritating when the immensely more talented Tom Mcrae still struggles... :(
  • Jamgo Fett wrote:
    I find Damien Rice's success irritating when the immensely more talented Tom Mcrae still struggles... :(

Love that guy, but I sure as hell dont begrudge Rice his success, he deserves it, '9' is an amazing album.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    i like so much Damien Rice,..but 9 it´s not the record of the year,.a lot of the song from 9 are old,.i mean, if you heard any show from 2002-2003-20004-2005, you can find songs like roostless tree, me my joke and i, elephant (under the name of the blower daughters 2),the girl that mades yoga,..........so there are no surprises. The animal were gone is the best song from 9 for me. I really love Damien, but this record dissapoint me, cause i knew some songs. He wait for 4 long years to make a record,and there just 3 or 4 new songs. And the best hits are from "O",..."i remember", " eskimo", Amie", "canonnball",..and all that album is awesome. He canceled the southamerican tour for 2007,...so....it`s sad to me that,...i really want to see him,....and Lisa of course,...I LOVE HER.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • Jamgo Fett wrote:
    I find Damien Rice's success irritating when the immensely more talented Tom Mcrae still struggles... :(

Good shout - I've been posting about Tom Mcrae on here for ages and rarely get any response. A & B Song surpasses any of Damien Rice's efforts.
  • I'm a HUGE Damien Rice fan but I'm not in love with either of his albums. To see him LIVE is to love him.
    Cook 'em - just to see the look on their faces